Main purpose of the job
The primary objective of this role is to develop sustainable profitable revenue by way of response driven advertising for our customers across the portfolio of products. The role is to maximise sales opportunities by developing spend from new and existing customers within a territory. As a priority managing territory customers improving the number of active accounts on a monthly basis.
To excel in the role, you will:
Be customer focused through high standards.
Be interested in understanding customer needs.
Have a good level of interpersonal skills.
Be a team player.
Be a creative thinker.
Be able to multitask.
Naturally operate accurately at a fast pace.
Be an eager and quick learner.
- Develop strategies to target active, inactive, seasonal and lapsed accounts within your area of responsibility.
- Achieve revenue targets for the publications/platforms and products, as agreed with the Regional Advertisement Manager.
- Follow the staff career guide, detailing standards of performance and KPI’s.
- Monitor and develop your skills, competencies and performance through training and participation where appropriate. Ensure all training is implemented.
- Launch to relevant supervisors and other team members any new business ideas, opportunities, provide clear reasoning and objectives.
- Work within the sales team and maintain a high level of positivity and a motivating atmosphere that inspires and drives performance.
- To monitor performance towards the projects and targets you are responsible for and keep the supervisor and manager advised of progress.
- Ad CRM should become the primary source of all customer information and we should work towards our data being 90% accurate
- To act as a positive ambassador for your brands and as a positive role model within your team.
- To undertake any reasonable task/request as required by general management.
- Measurement of Performance
- Active accounts should be a key focus to build your customer base to concentrate your sales efforts on profitable business.
- Maintain the same in order to improve you grade and career development opportunities.
- Provide documentation on all new ideas.
- Ensure complete transaction history and all critical information to assist managing customer’s business is recorded.
- Quality service reviews, feedback and performance review feedback.
Be an authoritative, inspirational and integrative leader who works with and through people to inspire real results for the business. You will be adaptable, flexible and a strategic thinker.
Key qualities: Influential, assertive, friendly, decisive, confident, self-starting, persuasive, driving, mobile, alert, independent, persistent, accurate, systematic, hard worker, goal-oriented.
Ability to use new technology, as well as standard office programmes: Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
Ability to set an example to your colleagues and customers
Maintain a professional approach at all times
Be flexible in your approach to work and be open to innovations
Mature and confident outlook
Have a set of high personal standards and integrity
Experience of a similar work environment
Previous sales experience
Knowledge of a deadline orientated environment
Knowledge of the principles of marketing