Finance Supervisor (Part-time)
FAIRshare Credit Union Limited
Finance Supervisor (Part-Time)
The Finance Supervisor will be responsible for:
- Producing timely and accurate accounting and financial information.
- Reporting on all aspects of FAIRshare’s operations and performance. This will include the production and submission of all necessary information to the regulator (PRA) and Auditors.
- Advising the Chief Executive and Board on issues relating to current accounting standards and practices, as governed by UK legislation and the regulator (FCA/PRA).
- Produce, as required, daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports / accounts in a timely and accurate manner.
- Report to the Board and Manager the current financial situation highlighting and explaining significant variances as necessary.
- Participate in the application of bad debt policy and review of overdue loan repayments.
- Ensure that reconciliations are produced regularly.
- Ensure that the processing and recording of all financial information is kept up to date.
- Prepare monthly accounts and reports for FAIRshare and quarterly returns for the PRA.
- Produce invoices and process purchase invoices in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintain liaison with Telford &Wrekin payroll office for the administration and reporting of all payroll costs.
- Advise and participate in the preparation of budgets.
- Liaise with the Auditors to produce a timely and accurate set of audited accounts.
- Monitor and manage personal work load and, when necessary, call upon additional resource.
- Any other tasks as may arise from time to time.
- Must hold a recognised accounting qualification to a minimum of AAT Level 4 or equivalent.
- All round experience in accounts functions with a good eye for detail.
- Highly competent in the use of Excel and Word.
- Experience of using bespoke software (training provided).
- Self-motivated, hardworking and able to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Self-confident and flexible in approach but also willing to recognise when to seek additional help or guidance.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Able to interact well with a wide diversity of people.
- Be a cheque signatory for the credit union bank accounts
- Act as a custodian of keys and combination numbers in security procedures.
- Be expected to keep under review their own training needs and attend training or other developmental activities from time to time as required and appropriate.
- FAIRshare is committed to achieving equality of opportunities in both services to the community and in the employment of people. The post holder is expected to understand and promote this and all other policies of the organisation.
- Must have own available transport with business insurance.
This job description is written in good faith as an overview of the role, main duties and attributes of the position. It is not a definitive document and where it comes into conflict with other contractual or policy documents, they will prevail. The job is likely to evolve and change over time and it is not the intention to keep this job description up to date in every respect. Your attention is drawn therefore to the fact that you will be expected to perform other duties and tasks at the discretion of Chief Executive or Board.
Hours (13/week - flexible by arrangement):
Salary GBP 12.8 /hr Career level required Experienced (Non-Manager) Experience required Education required Professional qualification/accreditation Job type Permanent Job status Part Time