Resident Quality Engineer
We are currently recruiting a brand new Resident Quality Engineer position at a global Tier 1 Automotive manufacturer based on site at one of their largest OEM customers in the West Midlands. This will be the only Resident Quality Engineer on site and the successful candidate will be the first point of contact for all customer concerns, investigating warranty claims and looking at proactive measures to prevent repeat occurrences. This role will be particularly suitable for a customer-facing Senior Quality Engineer or a Quality Manager who wants to further themselves in a solely customer-orientated post.
Our client is a leading manufacturer of various components at Tier 1 level within the automotive sector. Operating on a global scale, customers benefit from a strong UK footprint and the new Resident Quality Engineer position has been introduced to further strengthen the partnership between this business and their OEM partner.
- Operate as first point of contact on site at OEM customer
- Full ownership of customer concerns; Build 8d teams both locally and remotely, working through containment to route cause and corrective actions
- Investigate warranty claims, ensuring that ownership is disseminated correctly
- Ensure business is operating in line with TS16949 and ISO9001 quality systems.
- Drive the quality management of components and assemblies for new projects; ensuring delivery to the correct quality, number and timescales.
- Comfortable liaising with automotive customers and delivering in line with high expectations
- Collate, produce and manage customer and internal KPIs
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; confident being main contact for customer as well as suppliers.
- Experience working as a supplier to Jaguar Land Rover, BMW, Nissan, Honda or Toyota preferable
- Comprehensive understanding of containment action
- Fluent with Root Cause Analysis and corrective action procedures
- Versatile with variety of processes and procedures
- Strong mechanical engineering background
- APQP, PPAP, FMEA competent
- Comfortable working remotely from wider business
Salary from £40,000 - £45,000 DOE
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/68444329