REGISTERED NURSE (RGN)
THE POPLARS NURSING HOME
We are looking to recruit the following:
Job Title: RGN
Job Location: Smethwick, West Midlands
Salary: £16.50 – £17.00 per hour
Hours: Full Time or Part Time
Contact Name: Manager
Registered General Nurse required to work in an enthusiastic team at General Nursing Home. Position involves general nursing duties such as administration of medication, dressings, wound care, end of life care and supporting residents and their families.
Full-time (Nights) x 2 and Full-time (Days) x 1
Suitable experience in nursing home setting is essential.
- Protect all Service User's from abuse and report any concerns as per Company Policies and Procedures.
- Visit each Service User at least daily, to assess their needs. Supervise all care activities and continually seek to improve care delivered to Service User’s
- Report any observed change in the condition of a Service User, any critical incident or accident (Staff or Service User) or any other relevant event in the Home to the Deputy Home Manager without delay, providing an accurate Care Plan to rectify the situation
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate care in conjunction with the Service User and their family to meet their holistic needs
- Promote positive risk taking by Service User’s as an essential part of everyday life, assisting them to maximise their abilities and promote their independence
- Ensure management of medication complies with Company, Care quality Commission standards and NMC guidance and that medical stock and nursing supplies are replenished in a timely manner and maintained as economically as possible
- Value the life experience and knowledge of Service User’s, showing them courtesy and respect, observing their privacy and protecting their dignity at all times
- Respect each Service User as an individual, treating them equally and valuing their cultural and social diversity
- Work in partnership with Service User’s ensuring that their views, choices and interests are at the centre of all care and services provided by the Home
- Understand the importance of Service User’s maintaining links with the community, valuing and supporting the role that relatives and friends play in their care
- Ensure the supervision and reception of, new Service User’s, ensuring that all appropriate documentation is completed on time and that the Service User is orientated to their surroundings and neighbours and welcomed appropriately.
- Valid NMC Pin and full eligibility to live and work in the UK
- Leadership qualities, effective communication and interpersonal skills are essential
- Influencing and motivational skills
- Practice knowledge of care planning for residents with complex needs
- Team player
To apply email your CV to email@example.com