THE POPLARS NURSING HOME
Purpose of Post
To plan and implement activities appropriate to individual needs and requests. To assist Home Manager to organise fundraising events.
- Help residents to socialise within the home, and provide a variety of activities that cater for all tastes.
- Plan and initiate monthly rolling/individual programmes, liaise with key worker and encourage Residents to maintain pre-existing hobbies.
- Encourage Staff Members, Relatives and Friends to participate in the home's activities.
- Accompany residents, where possible, to off site activities, which may occasionally take place outside normal working hours.
- Help to create an atmosphere that suits individual residents within the home.
- Assist with fund raising, and budgeting, for entertainments, materials and outings.
- Maintain full and accurate records of daily activities using appropriate documentation.
- Discuss the aims and objectives of recreation therapy with other Staff Members.
- Report any changes in Residents' physical or emotional condition to the Home Manager or Person in Charge.
- Provide comfort and company, on a one to one basis, for Residents who are unable to undertake any form of activity.
Key Skills Required
- Proven ability to develop and organise a range of events/activities for residents in all Residents categories
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Team player
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Friendly, creative and confident
- Genuine interest in working with the relevant Residents group
- Satisfactory Police Check and check against the P/SOVA List (where applicable)
- Previous experience of working with the relevant Residents group
- Flexible approach towards working routines
To apply email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org