Personal Assistant to Deputy Heads
Personal Assistant to Deputy Heads
£11,000 - £12,000 Commensurate with experience
Tuesday 1 August 2017
5.00 pm, Monday 14th August 2017
Part time permanent
PERSONAL ASSISTANT TO DEPUTY HEADS
Part-Time, (30 hours per week)
£11,000-12,000 per annum depending on experience
Founded in 1863, Tettenhall College is an independent, coeducational day and boarding school providing continuous quality education from nursery at age 2 to university entrance at age 18. The College is situated on the western outskirts of Wolverhampton and stands in 33 acres of attractive grounds and is one of the leading Independent Schools in the West Midlands.
The College is looking to recruit a Personal Assistant with a calm and organised manner with good attention to detail to provide administrative support to the Deputy Heads. The College is growing rapidly and the successful candidate will need to be able to work efficiently when placed under time constraints. Applicants must have excellent administrative skills and experience of working in a school is desirable but not essential.
The successful candidate will be able to work both independently and as a part of a team and possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. They will be computer literate, punctual and reliable, with the ability to work flexible hours including occasional weekends if necessary.
The main functions of the role are:
- Administrative support to the Senior School Deputy Heads.
- Administrative support to the Head of Boarding, Heads of House and Head of Sixth Form as and when agreed with the Deputy Heads.
- Administrative support to the academic staff as and when agreed with the Deputy Heads.
- Assist with all necessary arrangements for the organisation of Open Days, Inset Days, Parents Evenings and other School functions as directed by the Deputy Heads.
- Assist with all necessary arrangements for the planning, organisation and execution of College Prize Giving event.
- In conjunction with the Deputy Heads producing rotas for teacher cover, school duties, chapel and assemblies.
- Draft, finalise and distribute minutes of meetings as and when required.
- Upkeep of the School Calendar and be responsible for its timely publishing to the School website and production of weekly updates for parents.
The successful candidate will be required to work Monday to Friday from 1000 to 1600 during term-time only plus an additional 4 weeks. The College would like the successful candidate to start employment before the end of September 2017 or earlier if possible.
Lunch is provided free of charge and a fee discount may be available for the children of staff who attend the School. A full job description and further details are available on request from email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 1700 on Monday 14 August 2017, and interviews will be held the week commencing 21 August 2017. Applications should be made on the Tettenhall College application form which is available on request from firstname.lastname@example.org
Tettenhall College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Therefore, the successful applicant will be required to undergo a Disclosure and Barring Services check.
Tettenhall College is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications for all posts from appropriately qualified persons regardless of sex, race, religion, disability or age.