Accounts Senior (Commercial Services)
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an ACA/ACCA qualified Accounts Senior (Commercial Services) to join Dains Accountancy based at our Stoke Office.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- To efficiently prepare the following to a good standard ready for Manager/Partner review:
o Statutory accounts including group structures and the associated Corporation Tax computations.
o Unincorporated accounts plus have an understanding of the associated self assessment tax.
o Management accounts with appropriate narrative, ratio analysis and any bespoke client requirements.
o Ad-hoc accounts assignments such as completion accounts for business sales.
- To oversee/provide a competent bookkeeping service to clients including assistance with day to day queries, any significant issues, software matters etc.
- To work confidently at clients’ premises on a variety of matters.
- To deal with client requests relating to HMRC, PAYE and VAT matters with minimal input from Manager.
- To efficiently plan jobs for preparation for self or trainees/technicians.
- To proactively provide appropriate training and supervision to trainees/technicians.
- To advise clients on basic accounting and tax matters.
- At the direction of the Manager/Partner, to oversee a small number of clients including managing work flow, preparation, review, meeting statutory deadlines.
- To proactively identify added value items for the client and highlight to Manager/Partner as appropriate.
- Support Manager/Partner in existing client relationships and play a key role in maintaining these relationships.
- To deal with client day to day queries in an efficient manner with minimal input from Manager/Partner.
- Minimum qualification requirement will be ACCA/ACA, or suitably demonstrated qualification by experience may be considered, where appropriate. Full CPE appropriate to requirement for a professional qualified individual to be maintained in all cases.
- Experience in preparing accounts for unincorporated/incorporated businesses.
- Experience of training and supervision of more junior team members.
- Ability to use/learn software and systems operated in Commercial Services as appropriate.
- Attend courses (internal and external) to aid you on the capacity to fulfil your role.
- Good knowledge of corporation tax, income tax and VAT and the impact on accounts and client’s overall affairs.
- iXBRL tagging, reviewing and submitting to HMRC of relevant documentation.
- Good knowledge of the statutory and technical aspects concerning a set of limited company accounts.
- Excellent knowledge of main accounting systems in the market place (eg Sage, Quickbooks etc) in order to assist and advise clients accordingly.
- A dynamic and modern thinking Professional Services firm with a people-focused culture.
- Personal development and training
- 33 days holiday per annum (including 8 bank holidays)
- Flexible Benefit scheme
- Death in Service: Provision of four times basic salary
- Flexible working hours