Process Engineer (Machining)
Working Hours: 37.5hours per week (day shifts)
Location: Oldbury, West Midlands
Due to the huge success of our clients Aerospace division they are looking for an additional Process Engineer in the machining department to join their established team. Working for one of the most prestigious and largest growing sectors of this organisation, you will be specifically dealing with customers, suppliers, sales team and manufacturing to produce client specific parts in exotic materials for aerospace industry.
The role is to support Production machining team and Sales in resolving day to day technical manufacturing issues that require immediate action / response in addition to supporting the Sales team in preparing machining estimates for future sales opportunities. The role entails the review of new product drawings to prepare Time, Tooling, and Cost estimates with corresponding CNC programming to support manufacture. The role requires the individual to co-ordinate across all relevant functions within the company and supply chain to gain fast response to specific production concerns / customer requirements.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
· Resolve Production technical issues in a time scale to support production flow / deliveries.
· Analyse production concerns and if unable to resolve, direct / escalate to appropriate function.
· Liaise with the technical Manager and other Process Engineer team members to resolve drawing / design issues / manufacturing methods.
· Recommend and drive production improvement initiatives.
· Liaise with external supply chain, in particular tooling and raw material suppliers, through Purchase to confirm delivery, timing, and cost to support improvement / new work initiatives.
· Educated to a minimum of HNC plus a minimum of 3 years’ experience in this role.
· Educated with a full technical apprenticeship plus a minimum of 5 years’ experience in this role.
Key Skills & Experience:
· Understanding of machining processes, tooling, and materials with emphasis on exotic materials (Inconel, Titanium, Aero SS etc. )
· Able to program CNC machinery (on machine and / or remotely)
· Understanding of quality and process control procedures
· Understanding of gauging and measurement principles
· Understanding of product design standards and critical process sequences
· Problem solving
· Time, tooling, and material study skills
· Good understanding of machining, tube manufacturing, assembly, and tooling applications
· Experience with Both Solid Works and Hyper Mill Software
· Proven experience in the packaging industry
· Dealing with ambiguity
· Customer Focus
· Planning and estimating
· Timely decision making
· Interpersonal savvy
· Motivating others
· Drive for results
· Negotiating with internal / external customers
· Managing and measuring work
· Practical "hand on, can do" attitude and work ethic
· Production supervision and management
· Engineering and Design Engineering leads (Internal & external)
· Machine Tool Suppliers
· External supply chain (Tooling and Material)
· Purchase team
· Quality supervision and management
· Customers - Internal & External to support customer delivery requirements
How to apply:
If you feel that you have all the experience and skills for this position, then please Apply or send your most recent CV to Sam Kerby @ AM2PM