Flood Risk Engineer
Flood Risk Engineer/Hydrologist
Excellent Salary & Benefits
This is a fantastic time to join RPS. As one of the UK’s leading multi-disciplinary consultancies, we are working on a number of high profile projects and require first class, innovative and motivated staff. With an enviable client list, and the highest calibre multi-disciplinary back up team, we are able to offer unparalleled opportunities, in a dynamic work place, where achievements are rewarded and progress encouraged.
In particular, we are looking for a Flood Risk Engineer to join the team in our Birmingham office. The main duties and responsibilities will be as follows:-
· Preparation of flood risk assessments for residential and commercial developments
· Negotiations with Water Authorities, LLFAs, Environment Agency and Local Authorities etc to agree strategies
· Preparation of fee quotations,
· Development of client relationships, client base and new work streams
· Site visits
· Development of drainage concepts and strategies
· Drainage calculations using XP Solutions, Microdrainage and the FEH
· Hydraulic modelling of watercourses
You will need to hold a relevant degree and have experience in a similar capacity. We are open to receiving applications from candidates at any stage of their career from graduate through to Associate Director.
In return, we offer an excellent salary and benefits package, including 24 days holiday, Pension and Life Assurance. You will also be eligible to participate in the Company Share Purchase Scheme. This is an excellent opportunity to showcase your talents and develop your career with one of the UK’s leading multi-disciplinary consultancies.