Technical Consultant (Paraplanner) - Derby
An established Practice within St. James’s Place Wealth Management are recruiting for a Diploma Level or Charter Status Paraplanner to join their team as a Technical Consultant, based in Derby (DE24), due to expansion.
Working in a small team environment, this role will be a leading role within the Paraplanning team, often working directly with the Business Owner and Financial Advisers.
The Technical Consultant shall provide full technical support to the team in terms of technical meeting preparation, and Suitability Letter writing for all transfer, replacement and new business cases, drawdown, protection and EIS/VCT letters.
This role would be particularly suited to someone seeking a long-term career as a Paraplanner, and shall be Diploma level 4 qualified, and preferably working towards Chartered status.
The Paraplanner role will compile of a mix of Technical and Administrative duties including (but not exclusively) the following:
- Detailed technical meeting preparation of client files and preparing Agenda/meeting content for Business Owner ahead of client meetings.
- Detailed file preparation with excellent attention to existing client files and needs - identifying client existing and future opportunities in line with Practice objectives for Business Owner.
- Attendance in top tier and some potential client meetings with Business Owner.
- Note taking and compliance check for existing clients and assistance with presentations during prospect meetings.
- Preparation of bespoke reports and proposals to clients and potential clients.
- Dealing with all technical actions arising from client meetings, ready for further presentation to Business Owner to take to the next stage.
- High-level technical advisory support for Practice Advisors on complex cases.
- Preparing, LTA, Annual Allowance and pension shortfall calculations.
- Preparation of all complex transfer/investment replacement suitability letter writing.
- Uploading documentation onto Swift relevant to case submission.
- Issuing own case Suitability letters to clients.
- Keep knowledge base up to date with compliance requirements for submissions and Advice Notes
- Keep up to date with latest Risk Briefing notes, Advice Notes and SJP fund management issues/changes etc/general industry compliance.
- Assist with the training and coaching of team Paraplanners, where appropriate.
- Debrief with Business Owner from complex client meetings not attended.
- Keeping day to day tasks up to date on task system and action as appropriate
- Keeping work in progress/business pipeline in line up to date with status of cases, and working closely with Paraplanners and Operations Manager in this area.
- Attendance at some client events (where relevant).
Skills & Knowledge required:
- High level technical Paraplanner knowledge
- Diploma qualified, either currently studying or willing to move to Chartered status in the near future
- Good knowledge of all Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook). Prior use of CRM system helpful
- Experience of using cashflow planning modelling
- Flexible with working hours and able to work additional hours during busy periods as necessary
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment in a small but growing team
- Career Paraplanner, willing to commit long-term
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
- Well presented and professional, both face to face and verbally
- Prior experience of dealing with high net worth clients in a Paraplanning capacity
- Positive approach to solving complex client issues
- Location: Derby, (DE24 8)
- Salary: Basic £27-38K depending on experience and qualifications.
- Hours of work: 9.00am - 5.00pm
- Holiday: 20 days per annum, plus bank holidays
- Death in service benefit and workplace pension
- Start date: ASAP, new role due to expansion
For further details, or to apply for this excellent opportunity, please apply online