Weekend Retail Assistant
We are currently accepting applications for the position of Retail Assistant for the Belfry Hotel and Golf Resort, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands.
The Resort has been awarded 'England’s Leading Resort & England’s Best Golf Hotel’ the past two years and 'Europe’s Best Golf Resort’ 2016. The Belfry is proud of its rich sporting history and heritage, hosting the Ryder Cup four times in 1985, 1989, 1993 & 2002.
Set within the busy Golf Shop, the Retail Assistant requires a high energy, sales focused individual who deals with all customer enquiries, in a courteous and professional manner. The role also demands an individual that is able to drive revenue and to ensure that all opportunities are maximised to sell golf products, whilst providing excellent guest service.
Scope of the Role:
You will have experience in a golf retail role either as part of a Golf club or a standalone sports business that has a focus on golf retail.
Both exceptional customer service and communication skills are essential for this role, and the successful candidate must be able to demonstrate their ability to deliver this. The ideal candidate will possess a hunger to produce a high quality of work in a retail environment that celebrates individual and team success.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- To assist with the daily operation of the shop floor under the direction of the Retail Manager.
- To ensure excellent customer service, meeting and greeting the customers at all times.
- To maximise revenue by approaching and selling to customers.
- Maintaining exceptional merchandising standards throughout the shop.
- Awareness of products throughout the shop at all times.
- Ensure shop floor stock is available/stocked at all times.
- General housekeeping/cleanliness of the shop.
- Ensuring the health and safety of yourself and others at work.
- Following correct till procedures.
- Following the correct procedures for customer orders, customer returns and faulty goods.
- To ensure loss prevention and stock control procedures are followed.
- Assisting with stock-take.
- Supporting the back office team.
- Reporting to work with the correct uniform standard.
- Any other ad hoc duty requested by your line manager.
- To ensure all customers receive the necessary knowledge to purchase any item within the shop.
- Necessary timekeeping to start and finish work at required times.
- Carry out other duties that may be necessary from time to time.
Experience in a Golf Shop environment within a club or standalone sports shop environment preferred but not essential as full training will be given
What’s in it for me?
Competitive Salary & Commission Package
Meals On Duty
Free Car parking
28 Days Holiday increasing to 33 after 5 year service
Team, Friends and Family discount on rooms B&B + leisure
Discounted stays at Our sister Hotels
Up to 40% Discount on Food and Beverage outlets
Up to 40% Discount at The Spa on Beauty treatments
Discounted Gym Membership for you and your partner
Plus Many Many More
If you feel that you fulfil the above criteria and are ready for your next career step within a progressive Hotel Company that provides lots of future career opportunities, training and progression we look forward to receiving your application in strictest confidence.