Research Associate (Investments)
Our Client is a highly respected and very well established firm of Chartered Financial Planners, who now have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Research Associate to join their large offices based 30 minutes outside of Birmingham City Centre.
As an Investment Research Associate you will be assisting the senior team members in the delivery of a high quality research proposition whilst monitoring and interpreting major company developments and writing detailed summaries for stocks across multiple market capitalizations and geographies.
- Assist in the maintenance of quantitative databases used for screening equities.
- Due diligence analysis of companies in order to produce high quality research notes.
- Work with other team members to create periodic sector/industry outlooks.
- Assist in the maintenance of quantitative databases used for screening fund managers.
- Due diligence analysis of fund managers across all asset classes and investment sectors.
- Assist in writing fund research reports and summaries following the due diligence process.
- Review the suitability of funds for model and client portfolios.
- Assist in the monitoring of manager performance.
- Assist in the management of the various funds managed by the group.
- Assist portfolio managers with the construction of bespoke portfolios for clients.
- Assist in spreadsheet maintenance and any other operational tasks required.
- Maintain all operational spreadsheets used by the investment research team.
- Assist in compliance and other duties as required by the team.
- Ideally have 1 to 3 years of experience in equity research within an investment firm.
- A strong academic background with a degree in a quantitative subject.
- Ideally have the IMC, and some progress on the CFA would be a plus.
- A strong grasp of Microsoft Excel with the ability to build financial models.
- Some knowledge of financial and analytical software such as Bloomberg.
- A good understanding of financial markets a genuine interest in the macro economy.
Our client is looking for someone with a can-do attitude, who can deliver a first class service to clients as well as having the ability to build strong relationships and displaying professionalism at all times.
For further information please contact one of our specialist consultants quoting REF: NJR6574