We currently have an exciting opportunity within our New Product Development Department for an exceptional and talented Mechanical Design Engineer. The role would be based in Walsall within our NPD team.
As well as the need to produce high quality design solutions in response to project and strategic requirements the role requires you to provide product managers and the marketing team with live updates in order to expedite time to market..
As a Mechanical Design Engineer, your main responsibility will be to develop, incrementally improve and design solutions for our full range of service lines and market sectors. This will include nuclear, subsea, petrochemical, oil and gas with bolting, machining and connector products.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Ensure to provide cost efficient and safe design and development of standard and non-standard products.
- Close liaison with proposals and sales teams to ensure specifications and customer requirements are fully met, from initial enquiry to commission.
- Continued relationships with product and marketing to ensure efficient and timely press releases are available before launch.
- Carry out and check design calculations to satisfy all aspects of design integrity in compliance with company design procedures and external design codes.
- Produce and check design drawings and detailed manufacturing drawings utilizing 3D CAD.
- Compile the necessary technical documentation to fulfill contractual requirements, quality procedures, design codes and statutory directives, including the Hydratight Product Management Gate process.
Required Capabilities :
- Degree or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience in a similar position.
- Proficient in using Creo 3D computer aided design.
- Working knowledge of Structural Analysis using first principles and FEA (ANSYS).
- Proficient with MS office applications, Word, Excel, Outlook and preferably MS Project
- Proficient use of Windchill
We are offering a competitive package and are keen to hear from you today!