Automotive STA Engineer
Are you seeking a new exciting challenge within a luxury Automotive OEM?
Have you previous experience of working as an STA Quality Engineer?
Have you a strong understanding of PPAP?
If so we have the ideal opportunity for you…
Automotive (STA) Engineer
The purpose of the role is to be responsible for developing and delivering quality disciplines relating to vehicle and component design, development and launch for all future vehicles. Working closely with both the supply base and within to ensure new vehicles are delivered to the correct quality, volume and cost. Roles are available across several different commodities
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
Our engineers have a wide range of roles and responsibilities, engaging all areas of the business, from Design, Purchasing, Product Development, Launch Teams, Manufacturing, After Sales, Dealerships and our supply Base. Worldwide travel, constant interaction with people and the drive to make the highest quality sports cars in the world requires flexible engineers with good communication and team work skills and a thirst for problem solving.
In the manufacturing plant at Gaydon, our engineers bring new products into production through the development of parts, vehicle and supply base. Our engineers also work closely with our manufacturing colleagues and monitor the success of the end product via our After Sales and network of dealerships worldwide. This ensures a wide ranging and absorbing job experience.
• Manage the delivery of off tool, off process 100% accurate parts and final part approval for responsible commodities through Part Approval Process (AMPAP)
• Use of automotive engineering quality tools (i.e. DFMEA, PFMEA, PPAP, APQP, 8D)
• Confirm supplier manufacturing capacity status and ensure no negative impact to supply and quality during new model launch.
• Work closely with our supply base to define improvement plans.
• Drive quality history reviews and campaign prevention related activities to ensure no repeat issues from previous models.
• Agree the vehicle and parts quality requirement with PD, programme, manufacturing and suppliers to exceed customer expectations.
Qualifications & Experience
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in teams of various sizes, across all areas and influence the delivery of those teams.
• Experienced problem solver.
• Skills in reliability and robustness engineering.
• Knowledge of Quality Tools and techniques for design.
• High degree of numeracy and knowledge of statistical techniques is also an advantage.
• Proven ability to lead cross functional team meetings and define clear improvement action plans.
• Ability to self-manage and work under pressure to deliver quality, production and engineering requirements and thrive in a dynamic and changing environment.
If you are interested in applying for this role, don’t delay as the opportunity will not be available for too long…