Production Leader / Value Stream Leader (FMCG)
A fantastic opportunity to join a global (FMCG) manufacturing business based in Redditch.
Our client is currently seeking a Production Leader, known as a Value Stream Leader (VSL) within the company, the purpose of this role is to support the development of a consistent production facility throughout the manufacturing processes.
• Working with the production Managers, maintaining resource levels.
• Provide support for the building of a multi role work force by managing competency levels and working together with all departments to close any skill gaps in appropriate time.
• The management of attendance levels and discipline.
• Play an active role in the company’s Performance Management and Appraisals.
• Liaise with the oncoming Value Stream Leaders covering all elements of the shift.
• Developing communication methods to ensure essential information is captured.
• Communicate fully with all levels and departments of the business and share information responsibly.
• Plan, organise and conduct regular effective meetings for informing, guiding and motivating the production teams.
• Promote and participate in the Continuous Improvement Programs.
• Resource and support new product developments & technical trials in Manufacturing.
• Help to identify, monitor and implement new initiatives with your teams and the CI Department.
• Constantly monitor Production performance against anticipated standards with reference to the Overall Equipment Effectiveness, Up-time, performance and materials used.
• Action any corrective measures identified including the compiling and training of new procedures.
• Proactively seek out solutions, deal with issues and report on corrective measures to Production Managers
This role offers a salary of £26k per year and the following benefits: • 22 annual days plus statutory days holiday
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Free Life Assurance Benefit (x2 annual salary)
• Attendance Bonus - financial award • Staff Shop and on-site canteen
• Occupational Health
• On-Site Chiropodist
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Childcare Voucher Scheme
• Physio Service • EAP Scheme
The ideal candidate will have/be
• A confident and capable communicator
• Good knowledge manufacturing systems e.g. JDE, Gemba and SPC (or similar)
• Knowledge of Health & Safety
• Experience of working with Continuous Improvement tools, techniques etc
• Previous supervisory experience with the ability to motivate and inspire teams
• Great teamwork with the ability to work with a wide range of teams
• Flexible and adaptable machine skills would be an advantage
• Previous experience working night shifts
Job Type: Permanent Salary: £26,690.00 /year
Hours of work: 42.5 hours per week
Working permanent night-shift, Sunday to Thursday 9.45pm-6.15am
• Team Leader: 1 year
• Night shift: 1 year
If you are seeking a challenge and the opportunity to be a part of a focused and enthusiastic company, apply in the first instance. To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Please note that due to a high volume of response that Equilibrium Search & Selection receive; only successful candidates will be contacted.
For the purposes of the Regulations, please note that Equilibrium Search & Selection in the provision of these services will be operating as an employment business. Equilibrium Search & Selection are an equal opportunities employer