Mobile Vending Machine Operator
Nutrivend - Specialist Sports Nutrition Solutions
This is an excellent opportunity with one of the fastest growing companies in the Sports Nutrition Industry. Nutrivend has grown rapidly over the last number of years and we are now looking to recruit a Vending Machine Operator to join our operations team, covering sites in the London area, and reporting to the Vending Operations Manager. As our new Vending Machine Operator, you will be responsible for restocking and cleaning vending machines at customer sites.
The candidate will become the face of the company to the client, and so you must be personable, professional and presentable always. You will also enjoy interacting positively with all clients. This is a demanding job, looking after machines spread across different sites, and so a good level of fitness is needed. Full training will be provided, and you will be able to earn a generous salary with the opportunity to progress as the company grows.
This is a pivotal role within Nutrivend and the candidate is expected to integrate deeply within the Operating department, assuring all campaigns and projects are executed correctly. Nutrivend is looking for an individual with a "can-do" attitude, who is self-motivated and responsible.
We are searching for good people, to provide a great service and want to join our team of operators to deliver results. We believe your contribution is crucial to the success of the business and we will reward service and results accordingly.
- Ensuring all machines are filled fully and cleaned to company standards.
- Route planning.
- Recording stock and sales on a hand-held system.
- Responsible for rectifying minor 1st line machine faults.
- Responsible for the secure collection of cash from machines and its deposit for collection.
- Responsible for ordering your route stock on time and collecting at remote warehouse.
- Responsible for van stock, stock rotation in machines and van stock take as required.
- Loading products into the van and putting stock away in warehouse if needed.
- Ensuring technical faults are notified to the Head Office.
- Liaise with Line Manager on new machine installs and commissioning.
- Ensuring company vehicle is kept clean and tidy.
- Security of vehicle, cash and stock.
- Ensuring any areas of customer dissatisfaction brought to your attention are immediately notified to your Line Manager.
- Maintaining effective communication with Head Office and your Line Manager via phone, email and the software applications provided.
- Under direction of Line Manager, covering for colleagues’ routes when deemed necessary.
- Attending team meetings at suitable periods.
- Attending training courses when necessary.
- Work additional hours when necessary, in line with company overtime policy.
Skills and competences
- Ability to utilise and capitalise on key delivery hours
- Time management and organisation
- Customer Service skills
- Territory: Leicestershire, Yorkshire, Nottinghamshire
- Salary: £17,000 and Company Vehicle
- Work hours: 40 hours per week
- Job type: Full-time