Our client is a precision manufacturing business currently seeking a CNC Setter Operator to join their growing business in Bimingham. The CNC Machine Setter Operator will be required to set and operate the CNC machines efficiently and effectively producing quality components to satisfy customer requirements.
The CNC Machine Setter/Operator, in coordination with the Production Teams, will be responsible for ensuring components are manufactured in line with customer, company and statutory standards providing a high-quality service to both internal and external customers.
Duties will include but no be limited to:
- Setting and operating machine tools efficiently and effectively to an acceptable level of performance.
- Machining a variety of components in different batch quantities within required standards.
Checking the quality of all parts manufactured to ensure they are within tolerance.
- Operating a machine within the manufacturer’s recommendations, checking the fluid levels regularly and reporting any faults as soon as reasonable to Production and Maintenance Departments.
- Programme editing and proving within operator’s capability.
- Being flexible and motivated to utilise the machine tools to their optimum performance.
- Reading and interpretation of CNC programs, editing of speeds and feeds if required.
- Reading and interpretation of manufacturing and customer drawings.
- Use of measuring equipment e.g. CMM/Vernier/micrometres.
- Participation in root cause analysis and defect processes.
- Participating in cross functional teams.
- any other duties appropriate to this post, as necessary or as requested.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- The CNC Machine Setter/Operator role encompasses the following non-role specific obligations for which the post holder shall actively ensure that their own activities and those of all employees within the Business Unit meet.
- The company’s standards and procedures related to expected conduct are detailed in the relevant codes, standards and manuals and the CNC Machine Setter / Operator is expected to be familiar with these codes, standards and manuals and how they relate to their area of control and the wider business ensuring they are implemented.
- Based in Birmingham
- Must be able to work double days
- Must come from a fast paced manufacturing enviroement