Engineering Manager Homologation
Job Title: Engineering Manager - Homologation
Location: Coventry, Nuneaton, Solihull, Rugby, Hinkley, Tamworth,
Salary: £65,000 + Package
Our client is a leader in the design and development of control aspects of advanced electronically controlled brake systems and sub-systems. Due to continued success they require an Engineering Manager to manage their development and product maintenance test and validation team at the site in Nuneaton.
*Over 2000 employees in over 7 countries
*£Multi-million turnover company
* Market leaders in several automotive product categories, including brake adjusters for drum brakes
* Operates sales, R&D and manufacturing all over the world
Engineering Manager's Role & Responsibilities
The Engineering Managers responsibilities include developing systems, processes and procedures for efficient verification and validation work within the team, and representing product development. The Engineering Manager will also engage in results driven continuous improvement and purposeful application of the company culture.
In essence the Engineering Manager shall:
- Provide overall technical leadership for all Test and homologation activities
- Manage development and test resources including Validation, Materials and External resources
- As a senior member of the Engineering Management Team you will provide leadership to all Engineers.
- Provide guidance to development of new technologies, techniques, processes
- Manage technical change to current production product
- Lead activities for researching new technologies and methods
- Ownership of the quality manual and the interface into other department's procedures and the audits and accreditation of all the procedures.
- Lead Test Release for approval sign off for test and homologation activities, including all lab, electrical, vehicle and type approval testing.
The Engineering Manager's Experience & Qualifications
- Five years' experience as part of development team in supervisory capacity
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent on the job experience
- A detailed level of product knowledge and experience to enable customer credibility and to be able to lead and guide the design of new products.
- A high level of vehicle knowledge and experience to understand customer needs for features and performance in new products.
- Experience in managing all types of test and homologation process
- Working knowledge of software development
- Working knowledge of vehicle test development
- Experience in TS16494 ISO 26262 / ISO 9001 and ISO 4001
- People development and leadership experience is essential
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project Software tools
- Specialist knowledge of 8D problem-solving process
- Specialist knowledge of FMEA and DVP&R process
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of both technical and business services.
We operate as an employment business or an employment agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.
For an extensive range of job opportunities please visit our website at www.asc-connections.com