Title: Planning Manager
Kier Infrastructure is looking to recruit a Planning Manager, who will report to the Project Manager. The successful post-holder will be responsible for providing planning support for the project.
- Develop (from first Principles) and maintain the project programme in accordance to the contract
- Manage control and maintain design, procurement and project programme information in an integrated programme in collaboration with the site management team to provide optimise solution
- Accountable for implementing and promoting strong programme governance throughout the delivery of the project
- Ensuring effective communicate of the programme and project performance, in a timely way to all stakeholders including the Client, Project Managers and site teams
- Understand how the estimate relates to the programme and resource load the programme and monitor with respect to budgeted units and cost
- Assist the Control Manager with the financial progress and performance reporting and management of works programme
- Work with Site teams to develop approach with respect to the management of constraints, logistics, any site specific requirements stated in the contract
- Preparation of programme sequence drawings and method information to communicate approach to Client and site teams as required
- Attend meetings to discuss the methodology and programme strategy and describe potential target that can be achieved, any ideas for improvement on time and cost etc.
- Develop short term programmes as per the requirements of the team to assist in managing micro elements of the project.
- Assess the effects of client changes to the contract programme and advice the management if any delay notices/Early warnings are to be raised for extension of time on the project.
- Assess the effects of contractors change to the contract programme and advice the management of impact and propose mitigation measures.
- Conduct programme audits as required by senior management and submit independent report.
- Manage and develop planning team members
- Holds the relevant qualifications (i.e. minimum of HNC/HND in relevant discipline)
- Comprehensive programme delivery experience using Primavera P6
- Demonstrable experience in leadership, resource allocation and general management
- Experience in risk identification and assessment
- Detailed knowledge and experience of managing and maintaining a works programme
- Knowledge of full MS Office suite
Kier Group plc. is a leading construction, property, residential and services group which invests in, builds, maintains and renews the places where we work, live and play. We operate globally across a range of sectors including defence, education, health, housing, industrials, power, transport and utilities. Listed on the London Stock Exchange, we are a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
With a network of 88 UK offices Kier offers national coverage across all of its core activities. Employing 25,000 people, Kier has the financial strength and technical expertise to undertake some of the most significant construction, civil engineering and service contracts in the country.
Kier is an equality and diversity employer.