Programme Scheduler / Project Planner - Automotive
KCIG is a forward thinking company that actively works hand in hand with some of the world’s leading automotive manufacturers and suppliers. With offices in the UK, Germany and Spain, we are dedicated to providing the uppermost level of quality standards and service within a highly competitive industry.
The position title is Programme Scheduler based on-site with our customer Jaguar Land Rover, a leading automotive manufacturer, who are currently transitioning from Excel based planning to an integrated schedule driven plan using Primavera P6.
The successful candidate will be part of the Vehicle Planning team which is leading this transition. They will operate as a programme planner/scheduler supporting the programme team in transitioning to this new way of working and ensuring on-time delivery of a vehicle programme to its plan/schedule:
- Development and management of an integrated critical path schedule of work
- Identify areas of high risk within the plans, and develop contingency actions
- Compile management reports and associated metrics to support senior management reviews
- Guide the programme through the initial contracting of schedule management at the start of the programme. The creation of the programme plan and associated sub-plans, and the management and tracking of the plan through to fruition
- Provide guidance, advice and coaching to the programme team and the wider planning function"
Skills Required: 3 KEY SKILLS
- Strong schedule management skills including critical path analysis, risk management, change management and network planning methods and principles
- Confident schedule management use of Primavera P6 and MS Project software
- Strong stakeholder management skills able to negotiate and embed the use of schedule management within a programme previously unfamiliar with this approach
- University degree in a relevant field (a minimum 2:1 Bachelor degree)
- Experience Required: Strong track record of successfully managing schedules on large programmes. Experience of using P6 Primavera Software
- Experience of supporting the transformation of an organisation to schedule management (e.g. a new implementation into a business and/or set-up of a new programme/project with a new team).
- Experience of development of P6 tool-set to meet requirements of all stakeholders including functional design, process definition, and continuous improvement
- Administrator use of Primavera P6
- Experience using Primavera P6 Web & cloud hosted tools
- Automotive or other new product development engineering experience (Aerospace / Defence/Rail etc.)
- Project Management Qualification (Axelos, APM, PMI)
Please apply via REED or via our KCIG career site with a CV and motivation letter elaborating your specific experience and availability and salary/hourly rate expectation.
Additional Information: Position is available on freelance or employment basis.