One to One SEN Teaching assistant
Do you have experience of working one to one with SEN pupils?
Do you have experience of working with pupils with physical care needs?
Are you looking for a full time position and are available to start in September 2017?
SEN Central are currently recruiting for a one to one SEN learning support assistant who will support a pupil with a mixture of learning and physical needs. You will be working one to one with a secondary age pupil supporting them in the classroom as well as assisting them with a variety of physical support needs (including toileting). The role will initially be temporary through SEN Central moving to a permanent role with the school after 12 weeks.
Our requirements for the role;
We are looking for an SEN Teaching assistant that;
* Has experience of working on a one to one basis with pupils
* Has experience of manual handling and toileting pupils
* Has a minimum level 3 teaching assistant or equivalent qualification
* Has the ability to work with initiative, resourcefulness and passion in order to support pupils and the class teacher
* Able to consistently engage pupils through praise, direction and individual support.
* Is highly motivated, enthusiastic and organised
* Ideally has experience of working within both primary and secondary settings as the pupil will be transitioning from primary school
About the Client
Our client is an SEN specialist unit attached to a secondary school. The unit provides support to SEN pupils with a mixture of needs including ASD. The department is well resourced and managed and you will be joining a committed and talented team.
Benefits of working with SEN Central
* Dedicated consultant who will work with you to achieve your ideal role
* Join an agency where you feel valued, you are not a number, we care about what we do and work hard to find you employment
* Specialist SEN roles in schools, voluntary and independent settings
* Develop yourself with ongoing CPD training
About SEN Central
SEN Central is a specialist recruitment agency which specialises in SEND staffing for educational, voluntary and independent settings. We provide SEND staffing for temporary, long term and permanent positions. Our areas of expertise are; support roles, teachers, specialist roles and leadership. Our service works in partnership with our candidates and clients equally to ensure that you receive the best service levels and experience.
SEN Central Limited is acting as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and as an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Please note that prior to any offer of work all candidates will be subject to full vetting in line with DFE safer recruitment guidelines to confirm your suitability to work with children and young people.