Purchase Ledger Clerk
SF Group are currently recruiting for a Purchase Ledger Clerk to join a business in Burton on a temporary basis. Onsite parking is available for all staff and a competitive salary.
To assist the Shared Services Supervisor with the overall administration and processing of departmental ledgers to ensure accuracy and efficiency of all information so that the business is fully supported and financial deadlines met.
The successful Purchase Ledger Clerk will be responsible for:
- Daily organisation and management of workload ensuring all deadlines are met.
- To provide effective reports and information to the Shared Services Supervisor and Group Reporting Senior Finance Manager.
- Reporting and accounting as per regulatory and legal requirements.
- Process all overhead purchase invoices daily and check accuracy against delivery notes and purchase orders.
- Review, investigate, adjust and correct the purchase ledger to ensure accuracy at all times.
- Check and process all expense claim forms for both cash and credit card expenses.
- Prepare weekly supplier statement runs.
- Deal with all telephone calls and email correspondence with suppliers.
- Set up all new supplier accounts and obtain accurate relevant information.
- Assist with the daily bank reconciliations.
- Prepare analysis and data required for monthly management accounts.
- Assist with and maintain documentation of all departmental processes and procedures.
- Assist with ad hoc projects and produce analysis for the Board.
- To seek ongoing professional development to enable multi-tasking and spread of skills.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties defined by the Company to ensure business objectives/requirements are met.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Qualified AAT or equivalent, working towards professional qualification
- Strong processing skills to ensure high level of accuracy
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to work in a team
- Good numerical and financial skills
Please only apply if you are immediately available or available at short notice.