FCL Global Forwarding is the fastest growing Independent freight forwarder in the UK. At FCL Global Forwarding we specialise in the movement of goods by Air, Sea and Road.
Our business was formed during October 2012 in the Midlands and since that point have expanded into Scotland & the South East England with the opening of our Glasgow and London branches respectively. We have enjoyed an average of 70% annual growth in our revenues since 2012 and have been entrusted to move cargo for 500+ customers on our journey so far.
Our commitment to building long-lasting, meaningful and sustainable relationships with our suppliers,customers & people are the cornerstones of our success.
Office Location : Birmingham
Basic working hours : 08:30- 17:15hrs / Monday- Friday
Job title : Logistics Consultant
Reports to : Regional Sales Manager
Key duties include, but are not limited to:
- Making and attanding appointments with clients and prospective clients
- Lead generation and pre-qualification
- Actively create opportunities & secure profitable business
- Aid in development of Road, Ocean and Air products.
- To maximise on, and develop sales from new and existing customers through regular contact and activity
- Gaining a clear understanding of customer’s business requirements
- Assisting to develop key trades and services
- Ensure that all tasks and assignments are carried out in a timely manner and to any set deadlines
- Reviewing your own performance, aiming to meet or exceed targets
- Reviewing process and procedures and sharing best practice with colleagues
- Making accurate, rapid cost calculations, and providing customers with quotation
- Demostrable track record of sales within the logistics arena
- Strong Knowledge of Ocean, Air and road freight
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong commercial awareness
- A confident and determined approach
- Consultative selling style
- A high degree of self-motivation and drive
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent organization and problem solving skills
- The ability to prioritize and successfully manage deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and general work accuracy
- Listening skills
- Computer skills, including the ability to use relevant computer software