Project Engineer - Apex MA
- The Cooling System team are based at Engineering Centre Whitley as part of the Powertrain System Engineering Group working within the Powertrain Engineering function. Supporting new vehicle programmes and current vehicle updates the primary purpose of the group is to design, validate and release for production fuel and urea systems and components.
- Working for the Cooling System team the prospective candidate will be responsible for completing D&R activities relating to conceptual package through to detail design.
- In conjunction with the platform Lead Engineer, Integration Lead and CAD engineers.
- The role will involve leading the development of component package, design, verification and release within the framework of Product Creation System Key responsibilities will include: Lead CAD Engineer for Component Package / Detailed Design to support Quotation Process
- Liaise with Integration team and CAE team to ensure component verification completed Liaise with supply base to ensure component production feasibility and supply
- Ensure the new cooling system components meet package and functional targets, complying with cooling system design specifications and guidelines
- Ensure 2D detailed drawings to support system / component release comply with fuel system design specifications and guidelines Complete relevant release processes for component parts within the Part Releasing System
- Ability to robustly follow process, with planning of activities and releases under minimum supervision to support component design and release
- Good communication skills are essential to support a good working relationship with the Lead Engineer, CAD Engineer and key suppliers to allow the component package and design to be developed efficiently
- Familiarity with vehicle installation requirements & powertrain functionality.
- Able to manage workload and work independently.
- Knowledge of Cooling System Component design or development.
- Knowledge of the vehicle manufacturing process is advantageous but not essential.
- Knowledge of GPDS / PCS Experience of component packaging/modelling and detailed design is essential.
- Degree qualified in relevant discipline.