Recruitment Administrator - Student Hires
Financial Services Global Brand - Birmingham City Centre
£22k to £24k - 12 Months FTC
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing a high quality recruitment administration service for graduate, industrial placement, summer internship and school leaver recruitment and selection activities.
Experience and qualifications
- Administration experience, ideally within a service delivery team environment.
- Ability to demonstrate business knowledge as well as use of initiative and pro-activity.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to demonstrate ownership taken for service delivery.
- Use of systems to administer processes.
- Strong customer service skills and telephone manner.
- Ability to work on a number of different tasks to agreed timescales.
- Able to manage high volumes.
- Qualified to GCSE level or equivalent.
- Deliver exceptional client service in line with our recruitment requirements and ensure service level agreements and recruitment targets are met consistently.
- Provide a positive recruitment experience for all candidates that apply for a graduate or undergraduate position.
- Liaise with Student Recruitment contacts to proactively coordinate recruitment activity.
- Anticipate and respond to queries from applicants and referrals from Student Help Line; conducting further analysis if appropriate.
- Produce reports to communicate progress and status for Student Recruitment.
Flexibly support other team members in response to work volumes e.g. answering queries from applicants in the peak marketing; supporting both the pre-offer and post-offer processes; supporting the Student Help Line; supporting other HRSSC teams.
Keep up to date with changes to HR policy and process and ensure compliance with the Data Protection Act.
Contribute to wider HRSSC, Core Business Services and HR projects.
Screening graduate and undergraduate applications and coordinate online psychometric tests where necessary.
Coordinate recruitment pipelines and administer candidates through the recruitment process; scheduling 1st stage telephone interviews.
Deliver candidate coaching calls ahead of telephone interview, as well as provide feedback where requested to unsuccessful candidates.
Coordinate assessment centres and final interviews; responsible for scheduling the event logistics including booking rooms, creating the event schedule and maintaining a list of trained interviewers and assessors, used to seek availability.
Managing assessment & final interview outcomes, feedback and offer administration. This includes data entry of event scores used for annual validation.
Assess pipeline to predict volumes of commitment required by the business to fill recruitment targets.
Provide Student Recruitment with regular updates on the progress made towards pipeline targets.
Support applicants with enquiries and respond to calls relating to the Student Recruitment process.
Communicate regularly to candidates throughout the recruitment process to enhance their recruitment experience.
Update systems on a daily and timely basis, ensuring data integrity.
Update the student recruitment system, Taleo, with candidate progress and interview and assessment centre feedback.
Identify and contribute to process improvements and ways to optimise technology to benefit the business.
Commit to own personal development and ensure knowledge and skills are always up to date.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.