Specialist Engineer - Apex MA
- The Opportunity The main purpose of this role is to be the Engineer responsible for delivering Body Exterior integrated sub systems elements, which may be physical components, a set of related components or software into Armour vehicle programmes.
- Responsibilities in include delivering an Exterior system from concept to delivery, ensuring the content is properly specified, the supplier delivers against this specification and that the delivered system is fully verified for inclusion on an Armour vehicle program meeting the programme requirements for quality, cost and time.
- Key Performance Indicators Deliver Armour Body Exterior Systems on time, cost & quality to SVO PCDS Speedboat process
- Develop Body Exterior system DVPs to ensure robust system development
- Drive Product Quality (Current & Future) Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Responsibility for delivering the body exterior system to meet the business requirements on time with appropriate quality and at the right cost.
- Support the planning, co-ordination, delivery and reporting of requirements to support the Cycle Plan programmes and Cycle Plan studies, using Product Creation Delivery System (PCDS) principles in conjunction with other company processes as required
- Contribute to the negotiation and agreement of targets for the modules and ensure all programme deliverables are tracked, monitored, delivered and reported accurately and on time at each gateway and organise and lead appropriate interim review events
- Support colleagues in conflict and issue resolution within the Armour Centre of Competence and across functions
- Work towards the Armour Centre of Competence performance and facilitate or escalate cross module / cross Centre of Competence problem resolution on all programme aspects of content delivery, including virtual build, physical build and launch support
- Proven Body Exterior technical knowledge, to include door functions and attributes such as Waterleak, and ability to deliver from concept to production.
- Ability to work autonomously and deliver a robust Body Exterior system for Armour.
- CATIA v5
- Proven Body Exterior technical knowledge, to include door functions and attributes such as Waterleak
- Experience of Engineering delivery from concept to production.
- Ability to work autonomously and deliver a robust system.
- Experience of the automotive or manufacturing industry
- Experience of CATIA v5, Digibuck, Team Centre
- Experience of developing technical requirements specifications and associated test plans
- Experience of planning, co-ordination, delivery and reporting of requirements to support the Cycle Plan programmes using Product Creation Delivery System (PCDS) principles
- Experience of delivering technical products through a team, utilising strong people management skills
- Experience of delivering projects in an automotive or manufacturing environment
- Proven ability to manage senior stakeholders and communicate at all levels
- Degree or relevant equivalent experience preferred
- High drive, self motivated and able to deliver with minimum supervision.
- Candidates must be committed, flexible and able to work under pressure.
- The candidate must have a record of proactive delivery and commitment to meeting deadlines.
- The candidate must be flexible with regard to multiple site working during launch.
- Experience within the Armour automotive industry.
- Experience of Armour
- Experience of CAE
- Experience of building and managing multiple internal and external relationships in complex stakeholder environments
- Automotive Engineering experience with an understanding of automotive product creation and delivery tools like enovia PLM
- Experience of TCe and Digibuck
- Minimum 5 years experience
- Supplier management
- Body Exterior System DV
- Software Skills - PC Literate, MS Office Proficiency, MS Project knowledge
- Personal Profile Essential: An individual, who works independently, is results driven, demonstrating tenacity, drive and perseverance with the ability to deliver operational plans in a complex, highly demanding environment.
- A passion for continuous technical improvement
- An individual with the capability to combine a short term, pragmatic focus with medium term planning
- A resilient and enthusiastic who responds constructively to new ideas and inputs
- A good communicator with the ability to communicate complex ideas
- A effective team player, actively develops and supports team members
- Desirable: An individual with the ability to challenge existing thinking in a positive way whilst building credibility and trust through experience and personal style
- Fen End, Gaydon, also Oxford Road