Healthcare Assistants HCA
We have several flexible vacancies for experienced Healthcare Assistants to work in the Stoke-on-Trent and Newcastle-under-Lyme areas through our friendly Cannock branch.The Position:
As a Newcross Carer, you will play a vital role in supporting the well-being and quality of life of each individual in your care. This may include a variety of day to day tasks such as assisting with washing and dressing, meal times, personal care and assisting with activities at home or out in the community.
We offer care to clients in a variety of environments including hospitals, care homes, nursing homes and supported living, so it’s essential you have experience in at least one of these settings. Experience of caring for those with dementia is highly desirable.
We have both full and part time shifts available, and are especially interested to hear from carers who are able to offer a regular commitment to cover shifts on an ongoing basis.
Take advantage of flexible shift work that fits around your family needs, but with all the security of a permanent contract, guaranteed hours and a local line manager.
We take pride in the quality of our care, so we’re looking for experienced care assistants with a genuine, caring approach as well as the skills to deliver person-centred care.Newcross Perks:
- Salary of up to £11.96/hr, paid weekly including holiday pay
- Permanent, flexible hours contract
- Free uniform & training through credits earned as you work
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Criminal record check (DBS) cost refunded after initial period
- Online area and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Local line manager and branch support
- Recommend a Friend scheme, paying up to £500 per successful referral
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months’ previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or be willing to book onto a Newcross course
If you have an NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care, or currently work in a care assistant job, you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.Why Should You Apply?
Treating our staff well is at the centre of what we do. At Newcross we hire permanent staff, and with over 200 training courses on offer, we help them develop. It is important for us to provide stability to our people, we are not and never have been a 'zero hours' employer. All of our healthcare professionals have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, giving them the security of a steady income.The Company:
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is an independent, family-run organisation dedicated to providing quality temporary staffing to hospitals, care homes and nursing homes in the UK. Because of our reputation as a great employer, we attract highly skilled healthcare professionals with care expertise ranging from paediatric nurses to carers for adults with learning disabilities. In our 21 years’ experience, we have created a recruitment system that ensures that we only hire the best people.The Local Branch:
Opened in 2014, our established Cannock branch provides nursing and care staff to a range of clients throughout Staffordshire, and is based at Commerce House, Ridings Park in Cannock.
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application
If you cannot apply online, please call . Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.