Project Manager - Engineering and Materials Science (circa £30,000 1/4ly bonus benefits)
Project Manager - Engineering and Materials Science (circa £30,000 + 1/4ly bonus + benefits)
The world's leading innovator and manufacturer of nickel-based superalloys. With 100+ years of history and experience in the industry, they have the processes and knowhow to offer the industry's widest range of nickel alloy products.
Now seeking to appoint an engineering or metallurgy graduate with manufacturing/onsite experience to project manage the introduction new processes and procedure for a new product on an 18 month contract with the possibility of permanence thereafter.
This project based role with report into the Product Development Manager and will have responsibility for:
- Coordinating production trials
- Resolving technical issues with the support of the onsite Technical Team
- Ensuring manufacturing and testing are carried out to the agreed schedule
- Providing weekly updates to the customer and acting as their main point of contact for the duration of the project
- Making regular visits to the customer site and coordinating external visits to our site
- Overseeing any interaction with the Nuclear Regulators
- Implementing the "Class A" system for the new manufacturing routes
- Providing direction to the Engineering Team with regards to equipment upgrades and replacements, likely to include:
o An overhaul of the Draw Bench
o A new swaging facility
o A new grinding machine
Applicant Minimum Requirements
- Degree-qualified in an Engineering or Materials Science discipline
- Experience of managing projects in a large scale production environment
- Good customer communication skills
- Knowledge of the metallurgical processes is desired but not essential
This role would suit someone who has worked in a similar project based role before or a recent graduate with practical experience (a summer placement/a year in industry) within a manufacturing or engineering environment.
PACKAGE: Circa £30,000 (negotiable dependent upon experience), quarterly bonuses + pension scheme, life insurance, 33 days annual leave (including bank holidays). Employer of choice with outstanding prospects.
Applications in writing to our retained search consultant. No agencies please. In view of the sometimes overwhelming number of applications received, it may not always be possible for us to respond to each one individually. If you do not hear from us within 5 working days, it should be assumed that on this occasion your application has not been successful.