Project Manager Rail
Position : Project Manager - Rail Infrastructure
Location : Birmingham
Salary : £45 000 - £57 000 plus excellent benefits
Our client is looking for a candidate who has extensive experience in Rail within infrastructure with the broad experience of multi-disciplinary projects such as: new station development, foot bridges, freight depots, car parks, feasibility studies within the rail environment ; must have a sound understanding of Civil, structures and permanent ways projects and all in all a love for Rail.
To act as client contact and retain overall responsibility for successful delivery of projects. To lead the successful delivery of a complex multi-disciplinary project or a portfolio of smaller projects in accordance with company procedures and industry standards. To successfully deliver Projects, the Project Manager will work with, and draw on the resources of multi-disciplinary teams within the Company and from 3rd parties, whilst maintaining excellent relationships with stakeholders and clients.
Duties / Essential
- Plan, develop, monitor design, tender and supervise the implementation of projects to the agreed targets and clients’ satisfaction, delivering the projects to time, cost andquality.
- Act as principal client contact on all aspects of the project. Develop and maintain effective client relationships, monitor client satisfaction levels and respond urgently to any client concerns. Ensure progress is communicated regularly with Clients and that improvement plans are developed and implemented as necessary to benefit theProject.
- Manage and pro-actively mitigate risks and obstacles to contractual performance and total project delivery, including obtaining specialist 3rd party support wherenecessary.
- To lead and direct the project team throughout the project lifecycle.
- Develop, complete and keep up to date Project plans for health, safety, quality and environment. Instigate and manage specific risk assessments as required by the company H&S Policy and specific projectrequirements.
- Ensure that projects comply fully with all statutory and regulatory provisions including HMRI and the CDM Regulations.
- Monitor work progress and compliance to specifications and standards and collate documentation and records.
- Work closely with Project Engineers in order to ensure client requirements are properly interpreted and reflected in thedeliverables.
- Work with Contractors to proactively manage on site activities, agree on site variations, resolve issues, and ensure compliance with agreed projectobjectives.
- Ensure project costs are regularly reviewed and invoices are raised on a regularbasis.
- Attend Project and Management reviewmeetings.
- Review, accept and comment on Health & Safety documentation such as Construction Phase Plans, Work Package Plans etc. and where necessary obtain 3rd party approval prior to works commencing. Monitor compliance with the agreed plans whilst works areundertaken.
- Technical Related degree, preferably in engineering or a minimum of HNC is construction or civil engineering
- Project management qualification
- Personal Track Safety
- Prince 2 or equivalent qualification
- Working knowledge of local authority processes such as OJEU and planning applications - desirable.
Wheatcroft Sims operates as an Employment Agency