We are leaders in providing rehabilitation for clients with an acquired brain injury.
We are looking for Support Workers to support clients in their own home and out in the community in order to develop an independent lifestyle. These are rewarding roles assisting in the client's rehabilitation.
Previous experience is not needed as we provide full specialist training including a full induction and continuing attention to personal development.
We are looking for people with the following qualities:
* Work based or personal experience of supporting people who may present a challenge
* Good communication skills, both orally and written
* Good interpersonal skills
* The ability to work and make difficult decisions independently and as part of a team
A full UK driving license and access to a vehicle are essential for this role.
The ideal candidates will have the motivation to promote and encourage the client's independence. A positive attitude and a creative approach to problem solving will be beneficial.
Our organisation supports people using a Person Centred Active Support approach. Active support means that instead of doing things for people or to people, you are enabling people to engage in all the activities of everyday life, no matter how disabled they are. This will increase inclusion, independence, choice and control.What knowledge and experience should you have?
* Basic understanding of Health and Social Care regulatory bodies
* Understanding of working with people disadvantaged through illness and disability
* Knowledge of the local area to where I work
* Level 2 diploma in Health and Social Care, or equivalent, or be willing to work towards itWhat skills and abilities will you need?
* Numeracy and literacy
* Self motivation
* Practical daily living skills
* IT skills