NPI Engineer - Automotive - Midlands
Can you offer an Engineering biased degree qualification, experience and understanding of Materials and Material Properties and the ability to co-ordinate multiple party activities to ensure smooth and profitable Process Introduction and Product Launch?
This NPI Engineer role will be based from sites in the Midlands bit with close contact with other UK and European sites and will suit candidates with a strong technical manufacturing background. An understanding of Composites, Polymers or Plastics is highly desired.
Core duties for this NPI Engineer role will include:
- The conducting of feasibility, design and process reviews
- The initiation of trials versus critical characteristics
- Updating cost calculations (including production concepts) and product & process data (including BOMs)
- Overseeing prototyping activities, defining BOMs and process parameters, supporting FMEAs
- Supporting Capex and tool specification definition
- Co-ordinating serial tools and processes start-up
- To ensure successful product validation from Customer and subsequent smooth production launch
- Efficiently handing over to core business leaders and relevant functional teams
- Providing effective support to engineering change management teams to ensure feasibility and successful design change
- Offer support in CI initiatives and record lessons learned correctly
- Offer the capability to define the concept and demonstrate understanding of process development
If you feel you have the right attributes to undertake the above within a market leading global Automotive Manufacturer please don't hesitate to contact Grant Nisbet