Qualified Full Time/Part Time Dental Nurse
Purity Dental is predominantly an NHS Practice. There has been a dental practice at 74 Dixons Green Road, Dudley since 1961. We at Purity Dental have been custodians of this fantastic practice for 17 years. Things have greatly improved in dentistry over 56 years. We at Purity offer patients the highest level of dental care and our services include general dentistry and orthodontics, as well as tooth whitening, veneers, crowns, bridgework and Sedations. We are committed to improving the oral health of our patients and giving them the best treatment available. We encourage all of our nurses to be the best they can be and support them in all their training needs.
- Recording of treatment including charting form the dentist’s instructions and other associated clerical work.
- Preparation of filling materials, impression materials, instruments and equipment.
- Cleaning away used instruments and materials and keeping the surgery clean and tidy.
- First aid treatments for collapse e.g. coronary attack, fainting, bleeding tooth socket, epilepsy etc.
- Assisting at preparation for investigation, e.g. x-ray procedures.
- Triage of patients attending for emergency treatment.
- Providing patients with pre and post-operative instructions and information prior to safely discharging the patient following, for example, minor oral surgery, and ensuring the instructions are understood.
- Care and minor maintenance of equipment such as high speed drills.
- Assisting dental staff with surgical procedures when necessary including barrier care.
- Assisting in the training of trainee dental nurses.
- Maintaining stock levels in surgery and checking expiry dates. Re-ordering stocks when required.
Person Spec Dental Nurse
EDUCATION AND TRAINING: Qualified Dental Nurse. Would be an advantage to this post if you had qualification certificates, e.g. Radiography, Sedation, OHE or willing to work towards. GDC Registered.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS: Extensive experience in a dental surgery setting with at least 1 years post qualification experience. Evidence of Continuing Professional Development. Computer Literate (we use Exact). Sound knowledge of HTM 01-05 and CQC
SPECIAL APTITUDE/ACTIVITIES: Excellent organisational skills. Able to work as a team member. Excellent Communication skills- oral and written. Able to motivate self and others.
OTHER: Correct and Relevant inoculations. CRB Check. Presentable appearance.
SALARY: Starts at £9.00 per hour. Additional qualification certificates will increase the rate of pay. We also encourage and support employees to gain additional qualifications.