Operations Assistant Manager
Zest Optical recruitment are currently working alongside a leading Optical Lab based in Birmingham to recruit a full time Operations Assistant Manager. This particular Optical lab produce a wide range of ophthalmic lenses and frames supplying to various Opticians UK wide, and are very successful within the market.
You will work within the inbound/outbound department managing a team of 9 people. The purpose of the role is to manage the operations team, ensuring that the team is efficient to meet or exceed the productivity and quality targets in relation to the customers agreed service levels. To monitor and implement operator training and manage issues in a proactive and professional manner.
- To plan and organise the workloads of the department, ensuring that orders flow in a manner to maximise service and departmental outputs.
- To monitor all individual, shift, departmental and business wide KPI achievement levels and deal with any issues and/or deviation in a professional and proactive manner.
- To discuss with individuals, cell and shift any performance issues in a timely manner seeking feedback and solutions to any issues.
- To monitor staff ability and performance, highlighting individual or group training or development requirements, ensuring that effectiveness of any training is monitored and recorded.
- To identify and manage performance or conduct issues ensuring to liaise with HR and the Operations Shift Manager.
- Take full responsibility of sickness, lateness and any other absence monitoring and to manage holiday entitlement, using only, when agreed discretion when outside of department allowances.
- To communicate to the team in a clear, open, constructive and professional manner. Where performance is being discussed to put equal emphasis on positive and negative feedback.
- To ensure that all company policies and procedures are followed, to highlight any concerns or queries to the relevant department.
- To liaise and highlight any issues with machinery or the site to the Site Services Team in a timely manner.
- To ensure that Health, Safety and Environmental best practice is followed at all times within the department. To ensure that all areas of the site and machinery is kept up to a high standard of cleanliness.
- To carry out annual appraisals and regular 1 to 1's with the team in a constructive, objective and consistent manner.
- When necessary, to lead, take an active part or support company and/or departmental projects.
- To assist and identify areas for improvement within the company
- To liaise with other departments in an appropriate and timely manner ensuring that all communication is clear, concise and relevant.
- To support all departmental activities, challenging in a positive constructive manner in a appropriate environment where necessary.
- To ensure that all operational activities are reported to the Operations Manager and Operations Shift Managers in a clear, concise and timely manner.
- Previous experience working within a lens production environment is beneficial
- Knowledge of lens optical process is beneficial
- Previous management experience
- Experience in working within a fast moving environment
- An understanding of Health & Safety in the workplace
- Ability to work as part of a team in a proactive and supporting manner.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to motivate and develop others.
- Ability to take a pro-active approach.
- Ability to prioritise work to deadlines and targets
- Ability to build effective working relationships
- GCSE's or equivalent to grade C or above in Maths and English
- General education qualifications including Maths and English to O/GCSE level C or above.
- Ideally NEBS, ILM or similar
Package and Further Details
- Basic salary between £20,000 to £24,000
- Bonus paid quarterly
- Share save scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Shift 1 - Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday - 6am to 6pm (Working alternate Sundays, 2pm to 7pm)
- Managing a team of 9
- Learning and development opportunities
- Fun and engaging place to work
- Regular pay reviews
To apply for this role please send a copy of your CV or call for more information.