Cook/Chef wanted for Monty’s Indoor Adventure
Cook/Chef wanted for Monty’s Indoor Adventure, a thriving indoor soft play and party centre catering for children from birth to 12 years of age and their families!
This is a unique and interesting role as we very much work as a team, therefore the cook is also required to operate the café till, serve food to our customers, clear and clean customer tables, bake cakes and gingerbread biscuits etc. during quieter times. We aim to deliver well-priced food with quick, efficient and friendly service and we need someone who can maintain our high standards of food, presentation and hygiene and will take pride in the kitchen being well-organised and scrupulously clean.
ü Enthusiasm to work as a team and cover several roles.
ü Ability to multitask and remain calm under pressure.
ü Confident and friendly customer service skills.
ü Excellent cooking skills, including some home-cooked menu items plus home-made pizzas cooked in our pizza ovens.
ü Excellent baking skills - we make our own cupcakes, gingerbread and biscuits.
ü Excellent cleaning skills.
ü Excellent organisational skills re paperwork and stock control.
ü Current up-to-date level 2 Food hygiene certificate.
Duties will include:
• Preparing and serving our menu items to the highest standard.
• Preparing and serving party food orders to the highest standard.
• Completing, adhering to and maintaining Health & Safety and Food Hygiene regulations and accompanying paperwork.
• Maintaining the highest standards of customer-facing food hygiene and cleanliness (e.g. food delivery, dishwashing).
• Maintaining the highest level of hygiene and cleanliness throughout the kitchen (e.g. regular cleaning of utensils, fryers, ventilation covers etc.)
• Operating the café till and serving our customers during quieter periods.
We are very busy at weekends and during school holidays, with a steady flow of customers during the school week.
We can offer a minimum of 30 hours per week, with many more hours available during our busiest months (Autumn-Spring). There is some flexibility but shifts will include weekends, Bank holidays and school holidays. Rotas are issued on a weekly basis. Minimum wage plus bonuses for appearance and punctuality.
If you are the person we are looking for please email your C.V. with a photo.