Export Sales Manager
Part of Goodwin PLC, Goodwin Refractory Services Ltd (GRS) are a global leader in the manufacture and supply of moulding materials, plant and equipment to Aerospace, Defence, Automotive, Jewellery, and Retail sectors to name but a few.
Due to continued success and ambitious growth plans we now have an immediate opportunity for an experienced SALES MANAGER to come and join the team.
This is a sales role which requires extensive travel on an international footing (c.40%/100 days per year). Already working in a similar capacity and located to in commutable distance to our Staffordshire head office, you will be no stranger to developing new business channels through a global network of distributors and maximising sales opportunities with existing customers.
The ideal candidate will have an excellent track record in sales achievements, understands the sales process, be tenacious in their pursuit of success, able to provide technical support and solutions with the ability to interface with customers and distributors across an assigned geographical area.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity you will already have enjoyed a successful career in sales or business development and relish new challenges as they present themselves. Be solution orientated and have the ability to communicate at all levels.
As part of your role, you will be required to undertake a degree of travel to support sales growth which often require nights away from home.
Essential skills and experience:
- 4+ years successful experience in sales or business development role;
- Technically competent with the ability to run and monitor trials, be able to provide technical feed back and commercial proposals to customers and distributors by means of discussing this face to face and be able to write and provide relevant reports and information.
- Experience and successful record of winning business;
- Be commercially competent to be able to attend Sales and Technical meetings to provide reports and feed back regarding market activity;
- Highly motivated and energetic with a good degree of commercial acumen and sense of purpose;
- Fluent in written and verbal English
- Proficient in the use of standard Microsoft Office i.e. Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
- Right to work in the UK
- A full UK driving licence
We only seek individuals that have a successful and demonstrable track record and possess a positive 'can do' attitude, great problem solving skills and the desire to constantly learn and develop. A flexible approach and the ability to quickly pick up new skills are also essential as product training will be given.