Healthcare Assistants HCA
We have several Healthcare Assistant (HCA) vacancies available for experienced carers to work with local service users through our friendly Hereford branch.The Position:
You will need to share our values of protecting dignity, promoting well-being and working in a person-centred manner at all times. You will strive to recognise the capabilities of each person, promote their dignity at all times and see them as more than just a care plan.
Daily tasks may include assisting with washing and dressing, meal times, personal care and enabling clients to participate in their favourite activities.
We are offering a full or part time vacancy, with the flexibility to work in a shift pattern that suits you and in an environment in which you are familiar.
You should be willing to travel to clients within the local areas, with access to your own transport desirable but not essential.Newcross Perks:
- Salary of up to £12.69/hr, paid weekly including holiday pay
- Permanent, flexible hours contract
- Free uniform and ongoing training through credits earned as you work
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Criminal record check (DBS) cost refunded after initial joining period
- Online area and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Local line manager and branch support based in Hereford
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months’ previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or be willing to book onto a Newcross course
If you have an NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care, or currently work in a care assistant job, you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.Why Should You Apply?
Treating our staff well is at the centre of what we do. At Newcross we hire permanent staff, and with over 200 training courses on offer, we help them develop. It is important for us to provide stability to our people, we are not and never have been a 'zero hours' employer. All of our healthcare professionals have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, giving them the security of a steady income.The Company:
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is an independent, family-run organisation dedicated to providing quality temporary staffing to hospitals, care homes and nursing homes in the UK. Because of our reputation as a great employer, we attract highly skilled healthcare professionals with care expertise ranging from paediatric nurses to carers for adults with learning disabilities. In our 21 years’ experience, we have created a recruitment system that ensures that we only hire the best people.The Local Branch:
Opened in 2015, Nursing agency Newcross Healthcare Hereford is situated in Kemble House on Broad Street in the city centre.
Our Hereford team is continuing to grow and we’re providing registered nurses and healthcare assistants to nursing home, care home and residential home clients throughout Herefordshire.
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application.
If you cannot apply online, please call . Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.