Carter Retail Equipment is currently looking for a Brazer to join its busy production operation in Birmingham. This is a temp to perm position suitable for someone with any knowledge of brazing or experience of welding. This is an excellent opportunity to develop your skill-set in this field.
Carter Retail Equipment are involved in the manufacturing of refrigeration units and cooling systems and is widely recognised as one of the world's leading brands in this field and offers complete service including manufacturing, design & development, project management, installation and after sales service, as well as bespoke designs for customers with specialised requirements.
As the Brazer your responsibilities will include:
· Reading / working from basic technical drawings, measuring widths /angles using appropriate measuring equipment (i.e. Vernier callipers, micrometers)
· Working quickly and efficiently to strict production targets
· Cutting pipework to correct measurements with the use of measuring tapes
· Working safely with a blowtorch / naked flame, while also showing good attention to detail
· Handling a variety of metals, particularly copper and mild steel for the purposes of heating and bending the pipework
The successful Brazer will have the following skills and experience:
· Have worked within a soldering, welding, metalworking role as a brazier, welder or equivalent
· Demonstrate an understating of technical drawings
· The ability to practice good health and safety measures when working with naked flames
In return, the Brazer will receive a pay rate of £10.00 per hour, increasing up to £10.28 per hour after 12 weeks. There will also be the introduction of an hourly shift allowance as follows: £2.05 (Shift work) or £3.90 (Night work). Hours of work: Rotational shift work (0600- 1400 / 1400- 2200). There may be the option to move onto nights during peak periods, which would be paid at a premium.
If you feel qualified for this Brazer position, with sufficient experience in welding and / or brazing processes please click apply online and send us your CV.