EDS Manager / Project Manager Electronic Distribution System
Our customer, one of the worlds' leading engineering organisations has an exciting opportunity for an experienced EDS (Electronic Distribution Systems) Manager.
- The role of the EDS Group Manager is to determine and deliver the Electronic Distribution Systems (EDS) core components commodity strategy, taking responsibility for the technical content and integrity of EDS core components across all programmes. This involves the creation of commodity business plans in line with the technical strategy, including strategic supplier and technology development.
- In this role, you'll be put in charge of the planning and development of the skills and resources necessary to meet the departmental goals, which include training, coaching and recruitment, with the EDS core components within the scope of your responsibility being fuse and junction boxes, connectors and terminals among others.
- In addition to project managing the delivery of core components, you'll take responsibility for setting budgets along with leading and delegating tasks to the Core Commodity Engineering team. You'll also be expected to manage all validation and testing plans for the components and to lead the resolution of key issues whilst identifying new technologies or potential need for future developments.
- A competent project manager, you'll come to this role with a varied set of skills and capabilities.
- You'll be effective at managing stakeholders and suppliers owing to your outstanding influencing and communication ability, and you'll have the capacity to manage budgets responsibly as well as being able to develop commodity and system strategies.
- We will also need you to work on and develop strategies which make use of the latest cutting-edge technologies, and having an innovative mind.
- Ideally, you'll have experience within the automotive or aerospace industries,
- We prefer your track record of managing teams to include EDS or other engineering systems, and we expect that you'll demonstrate experience of delivering technical products through a team
- Presenting additional relevant technical and professional accreditations will give you a distinct advantage.
Please apply now for more details.