BABCOCK INTERNATIONAL GROUP is currently looking to appoint anEngineering Tutor to join our team on a 12 Month Fixed Term Contract.
The purpose of the role is to deliver academic and curriculum programmes to Level 2, Level 3.
Top 4 Major Tasks and Activities:
- The development of NVQ and/or Tech Cert programmes in readiness for delivery
- Demonstrate and support good practice through innovative teaching and learning strategies and introduce new technologies in the classroom
- Promote the sharing of ideas across the Academy to support objectives in becoming an "outstanding" provider
- Participate in internal verification activities to ensure compliance and standardisation across the contract
Key Technical Skills / competencies:
- Effective management of resources and operational risk
- Experience of programme development and design
- Competent teacher / instructor with experience of delivering level 2 & 3 programmes in the engineering sector (particularly PEO level 2)
- And / Or Technical Certificate at Level 3 including functional skills
- Competent teacher / instructor with experience of delivering level 3 programmes in the engineering sector (particularly BTEC National)
- Champions the role of programme and project management in the organisation and maintains an effective relationship with the relevant subject matter experts
- Literate in Microsoft Office applications
- Must hold or be working towards ATLS / QTLS
- Previous leadership and management experience
- Demonstrate experience in course design and planning
- Must hold or be working towards DTTLS qualifications with a view to obtaining QTLS
- Demonstrate excellence in teaching and learning
- £35,000 - £40,000
- 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
- Full-time, 37 Hours
- Monday - Friday (08:15 - 16:15 + 1 in 4 Saturays)
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Flexible benefits
Requires enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks through the Independent Safeguarding Authority
Babcock International Group is a FTSE 100 business, we provide 600 services across six continents and we are the UK’s leading engineering support services organisation.
Our Skills & Learning business is one of the nation’s largest private sector providers of vocational and skills training working in partnership with major employers across the Automotive, Emergency Services, Engineering and Service sectors.
Babcock is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
To apply for this fantastic opportunity, please click the Apply Now button below.
Offers of employment are normally subject to satisfactory references and any other required pre-employment checks. In certain circumstances, successful applicants will need to satisfy security clearance requirements
Please include a detailed CV with a full work history. Please also ensure you provide an explanation for any gaps in employment.
Due to the high level of response we normally receive, if you have not heard from us within 6 weeks please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.