Scope and Purpose of Job:
Reporting to the National Engineering Manager the Service Engineer will deliver a first rate compressed air engineering service to customers throughout the UK, providing advice, diagnostics, routine maintenance and emergency help whenever/wherever needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Undertake planned and preventative maintenance of compressed air systems
- Perform emergency breakdown fault finding and repair.
- Take part in machine commissioning and training activities
- Install compressors and compressed air systems
- Repair broken-down equipment under emergency call out schemes
- Participate in the Call Out Rota.
- Complete service reports, timesheets, job sheets, recommendations neatly and submit in a timely manner in accordance with laid down procedures
- Carry out work in such a way that there is every possibility of gaining further orders
- Complete appropriate risk assessment and method statement paperwork before commencing jobs
- Recommend additional work that assists the customers
- Maintain good professional working relationships with all existing and new customers
- Maintain Company vehicle in accordance with guidelines
- Provide feedback on any product design features causing maintenance or operational difficulties.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with both company and customer Health and Safety and Environmental procedures
- Mechanical engineering (apprentice trained preferred)
- Compressed air knowledge, both high and low pressure
- Experience of working to planned and preventative maintenance schedules
- Customer service
- Driving licesnse