Working on behalf of a Local Authority, Aatom Recruitment has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Marketing Assistant on a temporarily basis. They would like someone who has the experience and knowledge in the following:
As they are looking for a dynamic and creative individual to help out in their busy leisure and culture marketing team. You'll work with them on the full marketing mix across leisure and culture, including PR & media, website content management, social media, e-mail and direct mail, design, print & distribution. You'll be customer-focussed and commercially-minded with a creative outlook and good organisational skills. They need someone who's self-motivated, enthusiastic, proactive and flexible, ideally with an interest in the leisure & culture sector.
- Contribute to the design, delivery, and evaluation of creative marketing communications & sales plans that maximise engagement, participation, profile & income across the leisure and culture programme, facilities and services, in line with the Leisure & Culture Marketing & Business Development Strategy.
- Lead on the management of campaigns, as allocated to you by the Senior Marketing Officers, working to agreed budgets and timescales.
- Assist each of the Marketing Officers with their respective workload, including:
-Design and production of advertising, print and promotional materials
-Maintenance of websites and social media streams
-Compile e-marketing and direct mail
-Write & distribute press releases
-Assist with media enquiries & events enabling you to deputise for each of them during absences.
- Manage the distribution of all printed and promotional materials via external distribution agencies, seat/event flyering, and distribution databases using the marketing volunteers, the sales & bookings team, the council courier and business support.
- Maintain and develop distribution databases, undertaking research as appropriate.
- Oversee all print and digital displays at and in promotion of leisure and culture facilities and venues, ensuring they are up to date, attractive and effective and give relevant profile to all upcoming programmes and services.
- Provide marketing administration support including: dealing with marketing enquiries, managing generic mailboxes, compiling reports, undertaking research, updating databases, maintain records and systems as required, taking deliveries, housekeeping and day to day office tasks.
- Act as a point of contact for marketing advice and guidance to all colleagues across the department.
- Ensure optimal use of available resources, and that best value for money is always obtained.
- Liaise with the sales & bookings team and frontline teams across the department, to ensure they are fully aware of all relevant marketing & sales initiatives.
- Attend press & promotional events out of office hours and at weekends as required.
- Understand and comply with the Council's environmental policies.
- Comply with all Health & Safety policies and legislation in performance of the duties of the post.
- Work with information technology and associated systems in accordance with the Council's policies & procedures.
- Comply with standing orders, financial regulations and departmental instructions.
- Carry out duties and responsibilities of the post in compliance with the Council's Equality and Diversity policy.
- Take part in the Council's Managing Individual Performance scheme