Quality Engineer / Quality Systems Engineer
Role: Senior Quality Engineer
Salary: £30,000 - £38,000 + Excellent Benefits
Are you a Quality Professional seeking a new challenge? Do you want to work for a leading engineering company on some cutting-edge projects? Do you have quality systems and hands on quality engineering experience? If so then read on, this role could be perfect for you…
The responsibilities of the Senior Quality Engineer are as follows:
- Implementing and maintaining the existing Quality Management System / processes and measurements in order to gain compliance to the aforementioned standards with independent bodies.
- Introduction of the additional processes to gain accreditation to the AS9100 & API Q1 management standard for the Aerospace and Oil & Gas industries.
- Develop training schedules / profiles in-house for relevant personnel in terms of adhering to any new/revised processes.
- Planning and conducting and follow-up of Internal QMS Audits and hosting of 2nd / 3rd party audits.
- Develop and maintain KPI's in order that the systems can be measured for their effectiveness.
- Drive process improvement activities that look to improve RFT targets
- Report back to top management on management system related issues
The successful Senior Quality Engineer will have the following skills/experience:
- In depth understanding of problem solving/process improvement tools such as 8D and 5S
- Ability to mentor and develop others in QMS Good Practise.
- Oil and Gas/Defence/Aerospace background would be preferred
- Self-motivation and self reliance whilst still enjoying being part of a team
- Determined and proactive in order to implement change
- The ability to motivate and lead others
- Hold recognised auditing qualifications (Lead Auditor not essential but would be beneficial)
- Strong knowledge and practical understanding of ISO 9001 and other management system standards
As the successful Senior Quality Engineer, you will join a leading engineering business working on cutting edge projects, you will benefit from a competitive package and excellent career prospects. If you're passionate about quality then apply now.
Please forward your most up-to-date CV together with salary details quoting ref 11825/DS or by calling Dan Smith on .
3DOM Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. In compliance with the new regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, 3DOM Recruitment Ltd will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving licence, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable.