Company Secretarial Manager
Carillion is a leading UK integrated support services company with a substantial portfolio of Public Private Partnership projects, extensive construction capabilities and sector-leading ability to deliver sustainable solutions.
The Carillion strategy is to deliver sustainable, profitable growth by:
- Winning high quality contracts in our chosen markets
- Delivering contracts safely, sustainably and to best-in-class standards
- Developing and attracting excellent people and capabilities.
Carillion’s work is complex and fast-moving. It requires an agile, responsive and collaborative company secretarial resource, intellectually capable of dealing with the range of issues presented by the business, whilst at the same time supporting a diverse set of business units across the organisation.
Carillion Secretariat is responsible for all company secretarial issues across the Carillion group. It has an establishment of three chartered secretaries and two support staff who deal with core company law, corporate governance and compliance issues relating to Carillion plc, an extensive subsidiary company structure and the business units based in the UK, the Middle East and Canada.
Carillion Secretariat works closely with the business units providing assistance and guidance in compliance and project work and advising on best practice, governance and Carillion procedures. It also plays a key role in acquisition and integration projects and business disposals.
A continuing objective of Carillion Secretariat is to be at the forefront of innovation in in-house secretarial practice. Some examples of this are:
- Carillion was the first company in the UK to introduce at plc board level, a paperless board agenda and reports management system using iPads. This was subsequently extended to the Chief Executive’s Leadership Team, Performance Review Meetings and Pension Trustee Boards;
- the first and only Secretariat team to achieve ISO9001 accreditation.
- managing the administrative support for the key events in the lifecycles of Carillion Group companies;
- ensuring and maintaining compliance with company law and the Financial Conduct Authority rules;
- assisting in the continuous improvement of a high quality governance framework and provide pro-active advice on best practice;
- involvement in share incentive administration and share scheme tax returns;
- developing with Carillion Advice Services, a company secretarial service for third parties;
- deputising for the Assistant Company Secretary when required.
- statutory and FCA compliance including stock exchange obligations;
- BluePrint database/ statutory records maintenance for the Carillion group of companies;
- Companies House filings;
- annual reports and accounts for plc and subsidiary companies;
- share registration for plc and subsidiary companies;
- organise shareholder meetings. Manage and draft the business to be transacted at general meetings.
- board and committee support by drafting agendas and reports. Co-ordinate, compile and distribute Board papers;
- minute taking at committees and subsidiary boards;
- share incentive administration and reporting;
- project work including mergers and acquisitions;
- compliance with the Market Abuse Regulations;
- monitor changes in relevant company legislation, corporate governance guidance and the regulatory environment and disseminating such information as appropriate;
- maintain and develop good governance and best practice;
- contribute to and develop where possible, the internal processes within Carillion Legal;
- manage the development of a company secretarial service by Carillion Advice Services.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A degree qualified chartered secretary
- A proven post qualification experience in company law and company secretarial practice, ideally in a listed company
- Good knowledge or experience of working with company secretarial software packages
- High level of communication skills
- A proven ability to manage multiple work programmes effectively
- Experience in sourcing and managing information including a sound level of IT literacy
- A self-starter with an innovative, commercial, collaborative, practical and positive attitude
In return we offer:
26 days annual leave + 8 bank holidayswith the opportunity to buy more holidays once you have been with a for a short while
BUPA Healthcare Insurance (single cover with option to 'trade up' to cover your family)
Carillion 'Thank You' Scheme, which offers flexible, tax efficient benefits such as child care vouchers, cycle to work scheme & discounts on high street brands
Onsite subsidised bistro
Onsite car parking