Policy Officer required for our services client based in Wolverhampton to support the delivery of organisational policy activity in consultation with the Head of Marketing and Chief Executive.
• To co-ordinate the day-to-day Policy activities of the organisation/To support the development of the organisation’s strategy.
• To initiate and co-ordinate the preparation and submission of policy documents to Government, key agencies and partner organisations.
• To provide briefing documents for the Chief Executive and Board.
• To represent our company with Key Partner organisations to develop relationships with identified leading agencies.
• Maintain and develop relationships with politicians and MP’s at all levels particularly developing the role and the credibility of the organisation within the European context.
• Develop and support media links sustaining effective communication.
Key performance Criteria:
• To operationalise and work towards objectives of the Policy Campaigns, keeping the campaign plan, stakeholders, businesses involved and the team updated on progress;
• Represent the organisationin Regional and National Policy initiatives;
• Work alongside the Marketing team to fulfil Quarterly Economic Survey activities;
• Provide appropriate information to the Marketing team for PR usage;
• Build and manage a small database of businesses available to take part in press comments and key policy areas;
• Manage the relationship with external resources with regards to the policy campaigns;
• First point of contact for any policy issues raised by member businesses;
• As required, input into wider company activities such as other campaigns, political and economic, Young Chamber, Skills agenda, Consultative Forum activities;
• Produce an approved Annual Programme of Policy activities
• Develop and maintain a Campaign framework on key issues.
• Establish the organisations role and regular participation in key policy events i.e. Conferences, presentations and exhibitions etc.
• Have full UK Driving Licence.
• Access to a suitable car vehicle.
• Head of Marketing
• Senior Management Team
Salary: £20K - £25k dependent on experience
Closing Date: 24th July 2017