Assistant Relationship Manager - Real Estate Finance (Midlands)
Assistant Relationship Manager - Real Estate Finance
A stable, small and nimble, expanding and diversifying bank who have been operating successfully in the UK for over 60 years. During that time, they have established themselves as a refreshing and responsive alternative to the mainstream clearing banks, serving a diverse customer base across the UK from three offices in London and regional offices in Birmingham, Leeds, Manchester, Brighton and Bristol.
Their approach to banking is clear and straight-forward. They look after their savers by offering an attractive range of deposit products with consistently competitive rates of interest. They use those deposits to lend to British small and medium-sized businesses, and property investors and developers offering them a responsive, flexible and enduring banking relationship.
The bank is self-funded, profitable and looking to double the number of employees and increase the size of their balance sheet five fold over the next 4 years. They like to do things the old fashioned way where relationships are key, call centre’s are non-existent and decisions are made locally and quickly.
An opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Relationship Manager to join our clients established Real Estate Finance team in based in Sutton Coldfield. It’s a varied and challenging role pro actively supporting a team of managers to analyse property investment and development proposals including all financial and non-financial information as part of the assessment process. The main focus of the role will be:
- Completing credit advance proposals for approval with financial and non-financial information analysis including security collateral, financial commitments schedule, narrative, balance sheet analysis etc.
- Supporting the management team in the ongoing management and review of customer facilities
- Contacting customers to obtain relevant information in respect of credit applications and annual reviews as required
- Developing an understanding of the Bank’s products and services. Identifying and introducing sales opportunities
- Ensuring that KYC procedures including the requirements for periodic reviews in accordance with the AML framework on all customer connections are maintained and recorded in accordance with AML policies and procedures
The ideal candidate will have experience in a similar real estate / property finance banking environment:
- Accurate, detailed in approach with a solid commercial understanding, including associated risks
- Hardworking, positive and enthusiastic with the ability to build strong interpersonal relationships and participate willingly with both colleagues, customers and prospective customers alike
- Must have banking experience, writing credit applications and annual reviews on a daily basis. Deals vary from £500k-£3million, investment buy to lets to development loans.
Salary and benefits:
- Basic salary of up to £40,000 per annum (possibly a little higher, depending on experience); location allowance; annual bonus scheme; holiday entitlement of between 25 and 28 days’ dependent upon grade with annual opportunity to purchase up to an additional 10 days; life assurance 4 times salary (increasing to 8 x salary after completion of probation); Pension Savings Scheme with up to 22.5% contributions, made up of the Bank’s core contribution 7.5% and the bank matching employee contributions up to a further 7.5%. (after probation); private medical insurance (after probation) plus various other benefits.
With the banks expansion career opportunities are there for the taking - the bank has a defined career structure in place.