I am currently working on behalf of a leading healthcare group that is seeking to appoint a Ward Manager for a small hospital in Birmingham. The aim is to enhance independent living skills, with a view to reintegrate service users into the community. This is a great opportunity for somebody with management experience or someone looking for an exciting step up and new challenge in their career.
The company itself provide high quality care to adults and young people across the country with a range mental health issues and conditions across hospitals, clinics and schools across the country.
As a Ward Manager you will be required to deliver the best possible care for the service users, and enable them to feel positive about their lives. The successful candidate will be expected to have excellent interpersonal skills when liaising with members of the multi-disciplinary team, external agencies and organisations, patients and relatives. The post holder should also have a good working knowledge of the mental health act. You must possess skilled leadership qualities in dealing with challenging behaviours and physical aspects of individualised care and treatment plans and the ability to lead by example.
- £39,000 - £40,000
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Enhanced Maternity pay in line with NHS
- Subsidised Meals
- Induction and ongoing training
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage
Ward Manager must:
- Ideally be RMN but would consider RNLD/RGN if you have relevant experience
- Current nursing PIN
- Have genuine commitment and enthusiasm for working with this client group
- Have good managerial experience
- Be a team player and good ability to communicate
- Fine-tuned decision making skills
- Excellent organisational capability
- Effective communication skills
- Flexibility and strong "can do" attitude
- Quality orientation
If you are interested in this vacancy, please send your CV to and I will give you a call. Alternatively you can call me on for more information.
***I cover all Nursing and Home/Hospital/Operations Manager vacancies across the West Midlands and Wales, so if you are looking for work and living in this region, please get in touch.***
We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month. If you know anyone who is looking for work at the moment then please get in touch!