Head of UK HR
High growth (€1.3bn) business based in Birmingham seek a CIPD qualified Senior HR professional to join them as Head of HR UK. Reporting to the Group HR Director the Head of HR will implement key strategic people acquisition and development programs whilst being responsible for the overall UK HR function (c18 FTE's), including recruitment, training and payroll within the UK.
Previous experience of working in a matrix environment is highly desirable.
The UK HR function will be developed to:
- Enhance the capabilities of the existing management team, systems and processes to support current organisational development initiatives and to help shape and deliver ongoing programmes of improvement.
- Provide effective communication, rewards planning, top talent retention advice and support to the business.
- Enhance the capabilities of the existing management team, systems and processes to support current organisational development initiatives and to help shape and deliver ongoing programmes of improvement
- Address key HR performance (e.g. absence, disciplinary) issues and drivers, proactively working with relevant managers in assessing people issues, determining appropriate strategies and HR interventions to overcome them.
The Head of UK HR will:
- Lead staff engagement to support organisational culture and organisational development.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to the HR team and look at ways to develop their skills and abilities.
- Advising on all high-risk Employee Relations (ER) cases.
- Partner with the senior leadership team to drive culture and create a value-focused environment.
- Any other ad hoc duties or projects that fall under this remit.
Essential Functional Skills/Experience
- The ideal candidate will possess strong employee relations experience and a full understanding of current employment legislation
- CIPD qualified with strong commercial acumen
- Experience of managing change and the successful delivery of HR strategic initiatives in a highly regulated environment
- Strong competence in development and implementation of reward schemes from Executive through to front line staff level
- Proven track record of HR Generalist experience with specific expertise in recruitment, payroll, reward and training
- Strategic thinker, able to contribute to overall company strategy development, and bring perspective on the people and culture issues
- Also willing to "get hands dirty" and involve themselves in operational activity as required
- Strong planning and organisation skills - able to effectively plan ahead to anticipate potential obstacles or challenges
- Demonstrates strong personal credibility and integrity
- Flexible - Able to work effectively to tight deadlines within a fast paced and changing environment
- Self-motivated and self-aware