Special Support Assistant - Coventry - September 2017 Start
Special Support Assistant - Coventry - September Start
We are currently looking for a strong Teaching Assistant to work in a Coventry Secondary School.
This Coventry Secondary School caters for students aged 11 - 16 years olds but is looking to expand with a brand new Sixth Form. The school is situated on brand new grounds with state of the art facilities. With a supportive management network, this is a fantastic opportunity for those looking to develop their career.
The role involves working with students on a 1 to 1 or small group basis. As a Special Support Assistant you will be helping the class teacher motivate and support the development of children, making this an incredibly rewarding role. The Special Support Assistant hired will need to act on their own initiative as well as be willing to follow instruction.
In order to be considered for this role you will need to have experience working with Secondary School aged students. As you will be reporting to the SENCO you will be required to have an understanding of supporting children with special educational needs.
- Degree Qualification (Desirable)
- Level 3 Qualification (Essential)
- Experience of working with children (Essential)
- Ability to build good relationships with children, teachers and parents (Essential)
- A caring and understanding nature
- The ability to cope with challenging behaviour
What you will gain:
- Competitive rate of pay
- Actively enhance the education of students
- The chance to gain diverse experience
If you would like to hear more about this Special Support Assistant position, please call Abi at Academics on or email .