Our client based just outside of Coventry are looking for a Managing Director to lead the company in the right direction, they should be an over achiever, with a successful business record and previous experience in a similar role. The company supply to a number of prolific UK and European businesses.
This key role will be responsible for:
- Controlling the direction of the company.
- Deciding the budgets for the company.
- Targeting and initiating business partnerships with other companies.
- Driving the culture of the business.
- Overseeing employment and ensuring there are enough staff (right people and skill sets).
- Building and maintaining an effective management team.
- Identifying risks and ensuring appropriate strategies are in place.
- Ensuring correct practices are in place.
- Attending board meetings and other presentations.
- Driving profitability and growth of the business.
- Assuming full accountability for the board for all company operations.
The successful Candidate will offer the following skills:
- Ideally the candidate will be qualified to degree level in material science, engineering, chemistry or physics.
- Experience within the packaging industry.
- They will also have a Managerial degree of MBA or higher.
- Bi lingual is an advantage.
- Visionary leadership.
- The ability to motivate a workforce.
- Effective management and delegation.
- PR and presentation skills.
- Understanding of a multifaceted business operation.
- Strong financial acumen.
- Planning and forecasting.
- In depth knowledge of markets and changing business environments.
- Complex problem solving.
- Effective decision making.
The courage to make difficult decisions when required.