The client: A major food manufacturer
Purpose of Role:
Management of all site processes from raw materials to despatch and including Manufacturing, Engineering, Technical, Supply Chain, Warehousing and Despatch. To satisfy external and internal customer demands, ensuring highest quality products are produced at lowest possible cost, on time, safely and by a demonstrably competent, performance orientated workforce. Manage a shift based team structure to achieve daily, weekly and monthly operational requirements
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Create a culture committed to meeting statutory and company HSE and Food Safety requirements in order to maintain a safe place of work, producing safe to consume products for all stakeholders. Establish controls & systems which ensure compliance with internal and external standards.
- Measure site performance through SMART and targeted KPI’s ensuring buy-in from all stakeholders with improvement plans and actions to address poor performance.
- Engage cross functionally with all external customers ensuring compliance to brand standards as well as short & long term ad hoc projects/requirements
- Manage direct and in-direct costs centres within the boundaries of the budget.
- Lead CAPEX initiatives that ultimately improve business profitability through reducing business costs and drive overall productivity
- Deliver sustainable and consistently high customer service levels by working cross functionally with all stakeholders.
- Ensure both legislative and company procedures are adhered to across site, protecting both the company perception, brand and the welfare of our people.
- Ultimately drive staff engagement and motivation by having in place succession plans through effectively training and developing our people at all levels, adopting a program of reviewing individual performance and tailoring development needs.
- Drive and pioneer a culture of CI across the site to drive improvements in all aspects of the operation
Education and Training:
- GCSE English or equivalent good standard of secondary education
- NVQ in Business Administration or equivalent
- Intermediate Food Hygiene accredited qualification
- Qualified to Chartered Engineer or equivalent, having obtained at least 5 years experience within a blue chip manufacturing environment
- ILM Level 3 or 5
- Using information systems associated with manufacturing
- Short Shelf life products or within a chilled environment including working in high care or clean room environment
- Knowledge of H&S and environmental control systems and requirements
- Customer interface, including industry audits for example BRC
- Experience of the latest engineering techniques
- Production background in FMCG environment
- Proven budgetary management skills
- Broad based engineering background
- Managing projects to successful completion within all scope and desired outcomes
Salary: 65k Circa + Car allowance (6k) + Pension (7.5%) + Healthcare
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources